Snowbike Project – Part 1

Chad

Adventurist
Editor
From dirtbike to Timbersled
Snowbikes are every bit as fun as they look like on the internet, and then some.  We all know that dirtbikes are an absolute hoot to ride, and few things in life are as excellent as a bottomless powder day on your favorite ski resort.  So, if you can image what enjoying both of these activities at the same time is like, you’ll have a vague notion of how awesome snowbikes can be.  Freeriding in a winter wonderland has never been more free-to-ride, as you can go just about anywhere you want to.  And thanks to several companies, getting setup for snowbiking has never been easier.  This is the first article in an ongoing project that will show you what it takes to gear up for snowbiking, how to ride safely in the backcountry, and get you inspired to explore a winter world with a snowbike.
DSC8025.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool, miss my sleds, and the snow bikes do look FUN, but I dont have enough engine for one sadly.

That looks like so much FUN. Does the track system have a noticeable effect on the bike's range? Are there different models available?

That looks like so much FUN. Does the track system have a noticeable effect on the bike's range? Are there different models available?

It's too much fun!

They're definitely not as efficient as dirtbikes, and snow conditions will have a huge impact on your fuel range - chugging thru powder will take more fuel than hardpacked snow.

We would haul extra 5 gallon cans on our bikes up to where we were riding, and then circle back after using up most of the bike's tanks to top off. Timbersled makes a number of models, which you can check out on their website. I would reccomend the ARO kits hands down. They're so easy to go from dirt to snow.

Back
Top Bottom