Snow Peak....anonymous

Will do! I'm in the process of going back into sweatshop production mode again. Going to try a few tweaks to it. Different materials and color.

I'll start chucking up photos when I get a chance... ;)

@Yuman Desert Rat mentioned chopsticks...

IMG_20170120_063430.jpg

I like using them too. ;-)

Hi, I'm Dave and I'm addicted to Snow Peak.
:drool

It all started in Hollister, California years ago when I ran into this pusher in camp named Joey. There was piles of the stuff on tables, Snow Peak tables, in Snow Peak tents with Snow Peak lights. He started the conversation by offering me beverages and snacks served on titanium. Snow Peak titanium from Japan.

View attachment 27433

Cooking it on the coolest stove and table setup in the world - the Iron Grill Table set. I'd never seen anything like it.

View attachment 27432

See, Joey wasn't just any street pusher, he was THE guy in North America representing Snow Peak back in Nippon. I'd met "the source" and was several levels above the street from day one.

That would be my undoing.

Because Joey made me a deal I could not refuse that night. Truth is, I have a problem. I collect camp stoves. And lights. And tents. And...

... stuff. So he had me at hello when I saw it. A Snow Peak Baja Burner. See, I like single burner stoves. And this one was SHINY. Made from aluminum and stainless steel with brass in just the right places. Sexy. Long legs and all.

View attachment 27426

In the words of Sir Mixalot, I was sprung on the cat.

So I forked over my $150 and brought home my first piece of Snow Peak gear. And it became my precious. Still have it to this day, although my daughter likes to think it's hers. But... We needs it. It's OURS...

I've bought a LOT of it. Some I liked some I could live without. The double wall titanium camp cup goes everywhere with me. This is a single wall below. Because the double wall is unobtainium. Unless you get lucky and score one.

View attachment 27434

I can live without the hipster clothes though. But the good stuff... man, it's hard to get enough. Especially when it's unobtainium. When it's the best.

View attachment 27435

Along the way I've had what some would say a pretty good hoard of Snow Peak but I've thinned it out a lot over the last 3 years. Now it's all plates and silverware and lights and table and chairs. The IGT is long gone. But we still has the Precious.

View attachment 27423

It started right here on version 2.0 of the Tacoma... added a Snow Peak cutting board and cups and it all went downhill from here.

View attachment 27424

And just when you think the monkey is off your back, you know, because you've kicked for awhile, along comes that one friend. You know, the one that offers you drinks when you're on the wagon and stuff. That guy.

Well in this story of Snow Peak addiction that guy is Mark aka @Trump because he is in Japan right now and occasionally regales me with tales of the different Snow Peak stores there (think Japanese REI on steroids) and once in awhile sends a shiny bauble my way. My collection of rare unobtainium stainless steel Snow Peak cups has exploded, rekindling my desire for yet more rare Snow Peak items.

CAUTION: The following photos may give Snow Peak addicts a terrible jones.

Know that you will never have these.

Unless you or a friend travel to Japan and visit these stores in different cities...

... unless you or a good amigo make the Pilgrimage.

View attachment 27441

Stackable. Nesting. Stainless. I have 6 but will only show you 3 so as to not send @Yuman Desert Rat into siezures by wantonly displaying all SIX here in one photo.

View attachment 27436

View attachment 27437

View attachment 27438

View attachment 27439

You know what they say, once an addict, always an addict.

What's your Snow Peak addiction story? :coffee
mother of god..

what is this sorcery?

The every day carry utensils.... BTW I made that bag back in 1998 when I was a young SGT on the USS Boxer.. still going strong...
0119170828-1.jpg
0119170828a-1.jpg
0119170829-1.jpg

Securing straps. A few years back, I came up with a unique system to protect, store and transport all of the major components of the IGT system. The original prototype was made to store the legs inside the IGT frame. Unfortunately only 660 and smaller legs fit inside a 3 Unit IGT. A 4 Unit fits all sizes.

20150119_131314.jpg

20150119_125709.jpg

From there the other straps secure table extensions to the IGT frame concealing the legs and with the handle allow you to carry it like a briefcase.

20150119_130259.jpg

Now that I could strap it all together and transport it without pieces and parts flying around, there was the VERY annoying rattle coming from the leg sockets on the IGT. SOMETHING had to be done. So I invented these little gems. Rattle isolators.
20150217_192437.jpg

They pop into the leg sockets and keep the bushing inside from annoying the hell out of you. WINNING!

Now that I had those things figured out there was the issue of storing my stainless steel and bamboo inserts.....AND storing the legs using that nifty contraption I just made..... so I invented another nifty contraption.
20150217_192150.jpg
20150217_192244.jpg

These enabled me to store the legs outside the IGT opening, nest the stainless steel and bamboo inserts, strap both full length slide in tables and still be able to strap down both table extensions. The original prototypes were made using a bic pen, 550 cord and washers. That turned into stainless steel, titanium or aluminum tubing (whatever I could salvage from scrap) A one piece aluminum base and a 550 cord variant.

Hey Yuman do you do anything custom out in the field? I have a new Farmer John wetsuit and the Velcro straps need to be lengthened for going over my shoulders. Or if some adjustable strap could be introduced to bind the two ends...I'm too dang tall!

Hey Yuman do you do anything custom out in the field? I have a new Farmer John wetsuit and the Velcro straps need to be lengthened for going over my shoulders. Or if some adjustable strap could be introduced to bind the two ends...I'm too dang tall!

Unfortunately I don't have a field expedient sewing machine....If that changes, I'll be sure to bring it with me to AAV. LOL

Back
Top Bottom