Snorkeling La Jolla Cove

Looks like this is the answer we were looking for Mitch...

• [h=3]Call the San Diego lifeguard voice recording. Follow these steps:[/h]
    1. Call 619-221-8824.
    2. This is a voice recording of the surf, ocean, and air conditions at the major beaches in San Diego county.
    3. There is no fee for this service.
    4. This voice recording is usually updated once a day, sometimes twice a day

Nice! Thanks, Bob! The day was not a waste at all. Proof of concept, for one, an awesome lunch with friends, and fun walking around the cove. :D

Dude! Machelle got all the snorkeling gear for Christmas last year, yet to use it...let's set a date and take the girls to La Jolla Cove again!

Awesome video!

I'd be in for that. I'm a certified diver, but I haven't been under in a couple years. Some snorkel time sounds fine. Water's been pretty warm lately, but visibility is probably bad due the recent hurricane and wave activity. (I've spent the past 5 or 6 weekends at HB for volleyball tourney's, and go swimming each time!)

We already attempted last weekend, but the tide was rough, and the water silty. Now it seems to be kinda cold. Need to play it weekend by weekend at this point.

I recently purchased a new wetsuit full face mask etc. I'm also hoping to get my PADI Certification soon. I'm doing it mostly for "treasure" hunting the rivers creeks and streams wherever I'm searching for historical relics. I've already found rings and coins just floating along with my metal detector and or by sight. I'd like to get a dry suit for colder temps but at over $1000, it's just not in the budget at this time.

Back
Top Bottom