Skifari 2018!!!!

WashingtonTaco

Adventurist
Ok boys and girls while most folks hole up in the winter a few of us adventurist types camp and ski!!! We've been doing this for a half dozen years!!! This year again we will be heading to Canada A!! Hopefully no run in with the Mounties this time!! Don't worry we did nothing illegal just a over zealous keystone cop!! The Mounties were way cool, just camped in the wrong area.

So what is Skifari you ask? It's a ski bum trip!! Ski move to the next resort camp, ski the next day. Last year was Stevens Pass, Schweitzer, and Red Mountain BC. Great time!!

This year will be MT Baker (the snowiest ski resort on the planet) Sasquatch MT home of the BC Overland Rally and then off to Whistler!! Baker and Sasquatch are one day/night and Whistler is two days/nights.

The dates are as follows, January 24th at Baker, 25 at Sasquatch, and the 26th 27th at Whistler!! Camping at Whistler could be a challenge so may need to run up or down the Seas to Ski highway to find a place. I plan on working that out by then.

Who's in!?!?!?!

IMG_1274.JPG
IMG_1406.JPG
IMG_1404.JPG

That is super tempting. I might have to upgrade some of the camping gear. Let me think on it.

If I remember correctly you drive a Tundra, Just put a canopy on it and sleep in the back! Works well for me in my Tacoma. A Buddy Heater running right before you go to sleep and when you first wake up takes the chill off!

If I remember correctly you drive a Tundra, Just put a canopy on it and sleep in the back! Works well for me in my Tacoma. A Buddy Heater running right before you go to sleep and when you first wake up takes the chill off!

That could work. I'll start asking about a hall pass.

Well Skifari is 18 days away!! If your in CO the winter hasn’t been favorable. Up here in the PNW the snow pack is deep but a bit under normal. None the less it’ll be good times!! If you are coming from out of the area PM me and I’ll hook you up with the FB page with all the logistics.

Back
Top Bottom