Silverado 2500HD

ribs

Adventurist
As far as overland expedition vehicles go, this is not the typical choice. Not that I necessarily thought this truck was all that nimble or capable off road, but I was in the need of something larger. I did, after all, trade in my Tacoma for it. It took one trip up to Coyote Flats to figure out that we were going to have to adjust a thing or two.
282825_10201735251011481_1152484608_n.jpg

20130728_070630.jpg

Lucky for us, we got started in the right direction while attending the 2013 SoCal Mountain Rendezvous. My son and I got to meet many of you, check out your rigs (drool a bit), and won an entire set of Fox shocks courtesy of Agile Offroad:
pic1.jpg

With a budget that includes planning for sending 4 kids to college on a military wage, this set of shocks was a huge help and greatly appreciated. Thankfully, I also have a pretty well-paid, very understanding/patient wife (read: sugar mama). Keeping that budget in mind and really trying to be patient, the shocks sat in the garage for a few months. In the mean time, I picked up a Ready Lift leveling kit in order to gain any amount of clearance I could for that big DEF tank underneath.

Today, we went through a minor transformation that included those Fox shocks, leveling kit, 17" rims (so I can find tires easier than with the 20s), and some new Toyo OpenCountry A/T tires. All in all, probably pretty minor changes considering my audience, but hopefully we're moving in the right direction. One more item on order that I'm pretty excited about but you'll have to wait about 10 weeks :hint::hint: for that reveal. In the meantime, we're looking forward to hitting the Mojave Road for a shakeout and some new pin striping!

This morning:
20140322_092123.jpg

And this afternoon:
20140322_162627.jpg

20140322_162927.jpg

20140322_162944.jpg

Good start. Glad to hear the winner of the shocks at MRV13 actually used them. Sounds like the right person won them.

Mine is an '06, I think you'll enjoy that truck. It really shines when used for tow duty, pulls like a freight train.
fiestaislandculpvalley066.jpg

What kind of camper is that?

- - - Updated - - -

I have an '08 1500 crew, love the thing and am planning the same style lift. My wife's understanding, but vehicles are for getting to and fro, if I get stuck somewhere, then there might be some upgrades, but not until then.

Little by little, this rig is coming together. Just got the new pin striping installed this weekend, courtesy of the Mojave Road!

DSC_0060.jpg

Nicely done! That a badge of honor, showing you actually use your truck outside of mall crawling. :)

Im happy to see some nice full size rigs in here. Love your set up so far! Makes me not question going with my 04 silverado duramax.

Back
Top Bottom