Show your kitchen setup!

Andy

Adventurist
Founding Member
Like the title says, add in some photos of how you roll (or cook them)...

My setup:

Pyromid charcoal grill on the left, snow peak large cutting board, cheapie 2 burner stove. Everything fits in the plastic tub on the right along with cups, bowls and cooking equipment... The ARB fridge is in the cab...

Snow Peak Iron Grill Table System

Snow Peak Iron Grill Table and Accessories
igt-41.jpg
The IGT system from Snow Peak is very appealing to me for many reasons - esthetics, quality, and modularity. There are so many ways that you can configure it to suit your needs, and you can bring more or less depending on the type of trip you have planned. If I'm solo I usually just bring the Baja Burner. If I'm with a larger group and plan on entertaining my whole IGT set comes with me. I've even used the IGT at home on the patio - it's that nice.

Pictured below is my Snow Peak setup, the entire 4 section IGT ensemble fits into the canvas carrying case and stores flat. I carry the Baja Burner and BBQ Box in a Pelican 1550 case for protection.

IMG_0699.jpg

Baja Burner LI

This was my first purchase from Snow Peak - I was blown away by the quality and crafstmanship of this stove which resulted in a pretty serious Snow Peak addiction. Fueled by iso-butane canisters (or propane with an adapter like the one from Kovea) this little stove weighs 6.2 lbs and produces 12,000 BTU's. It is a perfect choice for cold weather performance. High quality components are made entirely from stainless steel, aluminum and brass. Big enough to handle a full size 14 inch frying pan from home, the slim design allows for easy pack-ability, and it can be used with the legs deployed as shown below or with the legs folded up for integration into the Iron Grill Table system (consumes one unit space in four unit IGT).
GS-4001.jpg

baja-burner-inside.jpg

Snow Peak Baja Burner in use inside the camper during inclement weather

Snow Peak Single BBQ Box

For grilling in camp I chose the Snow Peak single BBQ box. Beautifully constructed and super simple, it is made entirely of stainless steel, weighs only 11 lbs, uses common charcoal and features an adjustable three-position charcoal bed. Like the Baja Burner, it may be used by itself or as part of the Iron Grill Table System.
CK-130.jpg

107_37832.jpg

Baja Burner and single BBQ Box inside Pelican 1550 case

The Real Deal: Snow Peak Titanium Double Wall 600 Mug

This one piece of kit epitomizes the entire Snow Peak line - light, tough, and good looking. Snow Peaks largest Titanium Double Mug holds 20 oz and does a superb job of insulating your precious beverage against the environment making it perfect for cold or hot drinks while outdoors. Please note that any double wall cup should not be used over direct heat or fire.

sp-600-mug.jpg

accessories_2.gif

Note: When I was in my cooking heyday working with Overland Gourmet it was all about mesquite charcoal - real wood. No smell, it's the little "briquettes" made in some factory that reek of hydrocarbons. It was a tradeoff though, the wood charcoal "pops" and is quite messy with an uneven heat. The briquets are less volatile and provide a much more even heat.

Nowadays, I'm all about propane.

IMG_1163.jpg

I had this Perfect Flame sitting in the garage almost forgotten... and it was a near perfect fit.

IMG_1156.jpg

Measurement front to back
IMG_1159.jpg

The new cutting board from OVG
IMG_1158.jpg

Propane. No muss, no fuss. Fire when you need it and ubiquitous in North America. I'll source a hose at some point so I can run this grill off of my larger 10lb propane cylinder on the truck.

IMG_1152.jpg

Last edited:
Although I carry a few nesting pots and pans, 99% of what I cook is done in either the wok or Dutch oven.

2 burner propane stove, tool roll, ARB fridge.

038-1.jpg

044-3.jpg

We've advanced a few degrees from our "roughing it " days.

The Old system: Home built chuck box, Yeti Tundra cooler, UWS aluminum storage boxes to carry food and gear, aluminum PitPal table. Wooden park picnic table not included.

The new system: Teardrop with Norcold refrigerator, Camp Chef oven/stove combo, Magma Nesting Cookware, granite tile countertop and a wine rack.

Your version of "roughing it" would be five star for me. My setup is a jetboil and some good ole dehydrated food. With water from the closest stream.

Camp grill and one lonely smartdog....
Smartdog.jpg

-Andy

Attachments

• SmartDog.jpg
    SmartDog.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 846
You caught me, I knew you would recognize that shot!
Here you go: glamping breakfast with the easy bake oven!
Camp Kitchen.jpg

-Andy

Camp Kitchen.jpg

hat folding oven works great, especially if you fit a ceramic or steel plate in the bottom to even out the temps. Beth had baked a few pies and biscuits in ours before we moved to the Camp Chef....

Yea, the temp control is iffy at best. Adding a plate at the bottom is a great idea. I'll see what I can dig up for the next trip. Thanks for the tip!
Oh, I'm not a glamper.....just a minimalist with accessories.

-Andy

Yea, the temp control is iffy at best. Adding a plate at the bottom is a great idea. I'll see what I can dig up for the next trip. Thanks for the tip!
Oh, I'm not a glamper.....just a minimalist with accessories.

-Andy
That stove, table, and 20 pounder of propane say "glamper".
You have two tents with a combined square footage that's larger than my first home. There are two of you. And one's an elf.
Embrace it. It's okay. You're among friends.

OK TB, I'm as slow as your truck.....why would the LEO care? Naturally I'm guessing your definition is radically different then mine.....

"maximilist" can refer to anything which is excessive, overtly complex and "showy", or providing redundant overkill in features and attachments, grossness in quantity and quality and maximalism the tendency to add and accumulate to excess.

I'm not as think as you drunk I am....

I tried to say maximilist to myself, silently, and it sounded garbled. Out loud it sounded as if I was slightly toasted. Just saying...

That stove, table, and 20 pounder of propane say "glamper".
You have two tents with a combined square footage that's larger than my first home. There are two of you. And one's an elf.
Embrace it. It's okay. You're among friends.

It wasn't always that way. My setup from 1990......

FJ40-3.jpg

Yes, that is a 1/4 keg converted to a grill.

You've upgraded....

My entire "kit" consisted of a Svea and a Camillus until I got old and rickety.
I had only "car camped" twice in my life before getting the Conqueror in 2008.

images

1237583425-Svea123_parts.jpg

Back
Top Bottom