Self-Driving Cars

In fairness, that horrible EDM may have killed the Canons in the videos.
:mike
On the bright side, if the lasers on cars burn out every speed camera and red light camera on the face of the earth I think most folks would be happy.

Self driving cars are a great idea for all of the idiots out there who can't seem to taking driving seriously, i.e. can't quit texting long enough to not endanger the rest of society, but I want no part of them. In fact, I want no part of most of the electronics on cars these days.

Last edited:
Laser blocking lens covers are an easy fix for the camera equipment (we used them on night vision). Safe for vision? Going to have to rely on oversight or responsible tech here.

In fairness, that horrible EDM may have killed the Canons in the videos.
:mike
On the bright side, if the lasers on cars burn out every speed camera and red light camera on the face of the earth I think most folks would be happy.

Self driving cars are a great idea for all of the idiots out there who can't seem to taking driving seriously, i.e. can't quit texting long enough to not endanger the rest of society, but I want no part of them. In fact, I want no part of most of the electronics on cars these days.
pfft... I'm struggling to be a member of society. :tango

This is my take on the subject as well, except... I personally will be happy to see lane departure and auto-braking systems on every vehicle if it prevents me from being hit by some knuckle-dragger while I'm riding my bike. I'm pretty sure I could even get Oakley to make me a laser safe lens for my glasses. People can't resist the urge to mess with their phones or other distractors while driving anymore.

The sad part is that it shouldn't be needed but people are too selfish and self absorbed to think that they should be inconvenienced in the slightest or to actually think about the possible consequences of their actions, especially on others. Of course I think common sense and the ability to think logically went out the window some years ago, schools certainly don't seem to teaching it. I quit riding in the States some years ago when it was becoming apparent how many people weren't paying attention to what they were doing; sitting up higher on a bike like the V-Strom allows you to see into most vehicle on the road and it's scary to say the least. Human nature being what it is...

The crazy part is I'm not even that old nor am I a technophobe, I just lament the shift away from personal responsibility. All the technology in the world can't correct for human stupidity- as the old saying goes, make something idiot-proof, and they will build a better idiot.

Back
Top Bottom