Scrap Metal Fun

yohavos

Adventurist
The boss lady put "find iPad stand" on the to do list... I despise shopping and didn't feel like sifting through Amazon.

I usually hide in the garage, but knew this wouldn't go away. The natural course of action was to make the garage part of the solution!

I'm newish to welding and love any excuse to fab something. It's a little silly, but I had fun knocking something out that can fit in a laptop sleeve and accommodate the iPad in a Magpul case.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

-Mike

The boss lady put "find iPad stand" on the to do list... I despise shopping and didn't feel like sifting through Amazon.

I usually hide in the garage, but knew this wouldn't go away. The natural course of action was to make the garage part of the solution!

I'm newish to welding and love any excuse to fab something. It's a little silly, but I had fun knocking something out that can fit in a laptop sleeve and accommodate the iPad in a Magpul case.

View attachment 19429 View attachment 19430 View attachment 19431

-Mike

You and I think alike, why buy it when you can build it. I try to build as much as possible. I'm a fabricator for my 6-5 job and lucky to have all the equipment shear,brake,stripit punch, rotary press,slip roll,notching machine,finish pro,barrels of scrap stainless steel, mild steel, and aluminium at my disposal. Add the fact I have the run of the place. Makes it a lot easier.

You and I think alike, why buy it when you can build it. I try to build as much as possible. I'm a fabricator for my 6-5 job and lucky to have all the equipment shear,brake,stripit punch, rotary press,slip roll,notching machine,finish pro,barrels of scrap stainless steel, mild steel, and aluminium at my disposal. Add the fact I have the run of the place. Makes it a lot easier.

Sounds like an adult playground! My long term goal is a shop with just enough goodies in it to get in trouble...

I'm fascinated by machine and CNC work. It's not a professional aspiration per se, but I love prototyping stuff and taking it to a pro to reproduce.

Sounds like an adult playground! My long term goal is a shop with just enough goodies in it to get in trouble...

I'm fascinated by machine and CNC work. It's not a professional aspiration per se, but I love prototyping stuff and taking it to a pro to reproduce.

It is a playground. I'm able to build stuff at night and weekends.
Prototyping is exactly what I do, we make UV germicidal lights for air handlers. When ever let's say Trane comes up with a new design my job is to design a system for that air handler build it, then show the guys in the shop how to build the same thing. Then I go install the system in the air handler units, thats a added bonus as I get to travel on their dime.

Back
Top Bottom