Sauce Bottles

kalieaire

Adventurist
So I'd been searching for sauce bottles for the longest time.

I'm always looking for something that can handle cooking oil as well as cooking wine.

On any given day, I'll be carrying the following cooking fluids:

• Soy sauce
  • Dark Soy Sauce
  • Safflower oil
  • Virgin Olive Oil
  • Fish Sauce
  • Chili oil
  • Malt or Dark Chinese Vinegar
  • Balsamic Vinegar
  • Gyoza Sauce
  • Dry Sherry
  • Oyster Sauce
  • Hoisin Sauce
  • Worcestershire Sauce
  • Frank's Red hot
So what's the problem, what issue am I trying to solve here?

Using the wrong bottles means a complete mess in whatever box, bag, or area that the sauces are. I've tried aluminum bottles, I've tried those BPA free travel sized bottles for toiletries, and I've even tried using goo tubes. They all suck.

The one product that I found that work were Dynalon LDPE laboratory reagent bottles with dropper tops. Being Low Density Polyethylene, the bottles flex amazingly. I'm able to leave a little headspace at the top, press some of the air out and flip the dropper tip closed. When I go from sea-level to 13,000 feet at Imogene Pass, I don't have to worry about all my sauces spontaneously spraying the inside of my truck with savory sweet and sour sticky deliciousness.

And if you need to label them, just get them laser engraved for a couple bucks.

Check out the bottles here on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0046A9G4Q

upload_2018-7-20_14-33-12.png

holy hell, those things are $7/each. The ones I got carry ~8.45oz and cost $2.31/ea before tax.

True. But they are TSA approved carry on size made of food grade high quality silicone and made to last. And kids love them.

3 for $20. Buy once, cry once I say ;)

Cool idea, beats my ghetto method of A) not carrying so many sauces and B) wrapping a bit of bubble wrap around the bottles or reusing those plastic wrap things they give you at the liquor store when you buy more than one bottle. :wine

You can sometimes find smaller sizes of some cooking stuff at places like World Market too.

Back
Top Bottom