Just picked up the 6 ton Safejack kit...with shipping came out to $295.

Spoke with Patty from Bogert on the phone before placing my order...to ensure it would arrive in time for the upcoming DRV.

I thanked her for their support of the event, and opened the call by telling her that my purchase was due in part to this review on American Adventurist.

She was very complimentary of American Adventurist/The Desert Rendezvous and mentioned the "....great letter that Cris sent, and we enjoy helping an event that cleans up the desert."

Box arrived at my doorstep yesterday, 2 shipping from WA

safejack two.jpg

Everything was neatly packed into organized zip loc bags, and the jack arrived wrapped in bubble wrap

safejack one.jpg

Overall very pleased with this purchase, and can hardly wait for my first flat tire...:wrench

Just picked up the 6 ton Safejack kit...with shipping came out to $295.

Spoke with Patty from Bogert on the phone before placing my order...to ensure it would arrive in time for the upcoming DRV.

I thanked her for their support of the event, and opened the call by telling her that my purchase was due in part to this review on American Adventurist.

She was very complimentary of American Adventurist/The Desert Rendezvous and mentioned the "....great letter that Cris sent, and we enjoy helping an event that cleans up the desert."

Box arrived at my doorstep yesterday, 2 shipping from WA

View attachment 37122

Everything was neatly packed into organized zip loc bags, and the jack arrived wrapped in bubble wrap

View attachment 37123

Overall very pleased with this purchase, and can hardly wait for my first flat tire...:wrench
Great to hear, and hopefully you will be as happy with the safe jack long term as I have been.

Great to hear, and hopefully you will be as happy with the safe jack long term as I have been.

Thanks Cris.

Following a recent Hi Lift jack failure, I began to seek a logical replacement in my recovery kit. Witnessing a Hi Lift drop a vehicle (improperly lubricated pins) while changing a tire @Jayrat @knightrider was a sobering experience. We were lucky no one was seriously injured.

Great info, in the market for a jack setup. Almost picked up a Hi-lift but not till I weld in some jacking points since Im not in the mod to mangle the body just yet LOL

I have had mine for a couple years now and have used it on the trail and in the driveway multiple times. Great piece of gear and I am still very happy with the purchase.

I looked into getting one of these but I thought the price was higher than it should have been. Also, if you are doing any work under the vehicle you should have the truck on jack's to be safe.

I ran across this last year..

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...4031&category=82248&pm=1&ds=0&t=1529509683919

And decided to try it. I have to say that I'm very impressed. When the jack stand is deployed it becomes a very stable platform. The only concern for some is that the minimum height is about 11" or so but I'm running 35" tires so it's not an issue for me.

I looked into getting one of these but I thought the price was higher than it should have been.

Agree with you on the jack stands.

Initially I felt the same about the pricing...but then I factored the cost/timing/inconvenience of a potential field injury...and the SafeJack was still less than my co-pay

I think the Safe Jack is a good compromise between safety and usefulness. With the assortment of adapters and extensions I've used mine for everything from a stock Jeep Wrangler to a King of the Hammer's car on 40" tires.

There are typically enough people in most any group just looking for a reason to get their jack out to use it that I don't carry that extra 40 pounds of weight around unless I'm going to be out on my own somewhere.

I too use the Safe Jack that I bought a few years ago. Honestly I have only had to use once and that was on my trailer on asphalt. I did not buy an additional base and I see no mention of it here? Does anyone have base and use? I'm planning on adding before next solo trip.

Last edited:
I too use the Safe Jack that I bought a few years ago. Honestly I have only had to use once and that was on my trailer on asphalt. I did not buy an additional base and I see no mention of it here? Does anyone have base and use? I'm planning on adding before next solo trip.

I ordered the same "universal" base plate the @BlkWgn has. That is the one thing that I'm not really impressed with. The base plate is just a metal plate with holes drilled in it and an assortment of tabs, nuts/bolts and washers to secure the jack to the base plate. I've made mine work, but the jack doesn't really "fit" the base plate in any particular manner.

Couple years into this thread and early reports of empty reservoirs, has everyone checked their fluid levels again? For those unfamiliar, the plug is the rivit looking piece on the side, not the red plastic cap by the valve.

I used a Craftsman bottle jack (looks identical to this) for years as a replacement for the OE scissor jack that folded. It stowed perfectly in the factory spot but I didn't think about the fill plug orientation. When I went to use it the fluid had all leaked out.

Post refill, everything is great again though I too dislike the short handle. Maybe I will make an extension with some pipe. I would like to pick up some of the safe jack accessories too.

Back
Top Bottom