Safe Jack Made in USA bottle jack.

WashingtonTaco

Adventurist
This past December we headed over to Pasco Washington check out Juniper Dunes OHV area. While passing through Pasco I arranged to stop at Safe Jack and get the shop tour.

I had spoken to Warren the lead engineer/designer previously last summer about there Made is USA bottle jack and was curious if and when it was going to be available.

Safe Jack is a small family owned company that Warren is working on getting it up to the 90s (not my words, his) and was buzzing with activity due to the Christmas rush. I was lucky to even get the tour!

It was a bit old school, reminded me of the steel pail factory I worked at after high school. Even though a bit dated they were cranking out new products!

I was fortunate enough to get to see the soon to be released Made in USA bottle jack. Currently there is only ONE company in the US that still makes bottle jacks state side.

Whats so great about this jack? Well it has the same capacity of the imported one they currently sell, works in any position IE horizontally or odd angles and is smaller is size than the import, is not affected by temperature, and all your old Safe Jack accessories will work with this new jack as well.

Last summer I had also seen the new folding chocks. My old Taco is a manual and I got in the habit of carrying a set of Harbor Freight rubber chocks. Not always is there a convenient rock or log around when you need to chock a vehicle and can be a injury/wreck saver on a failed hill climb if the brakes don't hold! I was bit concerned about the weight of the steel chocks but to our surprise when we weighed them against the rubber chocks the difference was less than 2 lbs! The set also nests so storing them is much easier than the rubber ones.

While there I wanted to supplement my basic kit I already had and picked up a few extensions a base plate frame/axle cradle. Being the mechanic of Three Amigos and a Toyota IFS owner I've replaced a few Tango Uniform CVs in my past and my have not been the safest preforming the task.

I'm not sure of the actual release date of the USA made bottle jack but my guess would be around mid June for the Northwest Overland Rally. I got my name on the email list so patiently waiting!

6924DD32-D533-44C4-BFEB-DB623460DCCA.jpeg
68AAC3DE-6121-4117-925D-949D8C2382D1.jpeg
B41B2BB4-4175-43A9-8D4E-AD27E1D7DF00.jpeg

Not a fan of the release valve screw hanging off the side like that. It's sure to get broken off IMO. (I'm a Safe Jack owner, been happy with their products)

I'm a BIG fan of Safe Jack. I saw the prototype last year at Expo East, it's pretty cool to see this project coming to fruition.

And I love seeing the resurgence of US manufacturing, one small shop at a time!

:independence

To me, the biggest selling point is the promise of safe horizontal operation. If they can confirm safe horizontal storage as well, they've got a customer in me. (I already own a SafeJack kit and jackstand kit from them.)

I like the folding chocks, too, though I think that by the time you had more than two of them stacked together, they wouldn't take up much less room than the stamped triangular ones the General issued me with my Astro van, since those nest and stack. I carry four of them these days. I was originally worried whether they were heavy-duty enough, but GM uses the same part for everything from civilian hummers to 1-ton pickups, so I figure I'm good.

Very nice, a real threaded fill plug too! I hate those stupid rubber plugs.

And I think I spy a big boy version :D

Mind you the pictures of the jacks are prototypes. Still a bit of refinement to come.

Folding chocks are absolutely smaller then the rubber chocks. One nest in the other.

To me, the biggest selling point is the promise of safe horizontal operation. If they can confirm safe horizontal storage as well, they've got a customer in me. (I already own a SafeJack kit and jackstand kit from them.)

I like the folding chocks, too, though I think that by the time you had more than two of them stacked together, they wouldn't take up much less room than the stamped triangular ones the General issued me with my Astro van, since those nest and stack. I carry four of them these days. I was originally worried whether they were heavy-duty enough, but GM uses the same part for everything from civilian hummers to 1-ton pickups, so I figure I'm good.

Two rubber chocks are twice the height and same footprint as two folding chocks.

0D018C02-5B4C-4C6C-BC63-71F4D0B536E2.jpeg
9DF83D86-4460-4F37-979C-3B9C4C79C473.jpeg
424544AB-421A-40A9-B381-DC14874193F4.jpeg

Currently lacking a truck to drive or work on, today I added lanyards to the wheel chocks. On this very same trip we lost a Max Trax in the dunes, buried and gone. So felt it was prudent to add lanyards.

3804C3B8-6DEB-4BB0-AE70-B23482F240C9.jpeg

Last edited:
I won a recovery kit from Safe Jack at ARV 2018. This happening after I already bought several of the jack attachments. Overall, I am very happy with their products.

Over the Christmas holidays, I was using my jack on the truck. (Don't laugh - last time I used this jack, it helped me line up new boards on my deck.) It worked as expected, no problems whatsoever. However, the next day, I noticed it was leaking. Unfortunately, it was leaking a lot. What to do?

I called Safe Jack, wondering if I could get a replacement seal kit or something like that. No seal kit, but the jack was still in the warranty period. (It had a warranty?) They sent me a new jack. No questions, no send the old one back. I was surprised, to say the least.

Safe Jack - thank you. I will continue using and promoting your products.

It is really nice to find small companies that have traditional American values - and great products.

I won a recovery kit from Safe Jack at ARV 2018. This happening after I already bought several of the jack attachments. Overall, I am very happy with their products.

Over the Christmas holidays, I was using my jack on the truck. (Don't laugh - last time I used this jack, it helped me line up new boards on my deck.) It worked as expected, no problems whatsoever. However, the next day, I noticed it was leaking. Unfortunately, it was leaking a lot. What to do?

I called Safe Jack, wondering if I could get a replacement seal kit or something like that. No seal kit, but the jack was still in the warranty period. (It had a warranty?) They sent me a new jack. No questions, no send the old one back. I was surprised, to say the least.

Safe Jack - thank you. I will continue using and promoting your products.

It is really nice to find small companies that have traditional American values - and great products.

:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom