Sad day (updated/our new dog)

bob91yj

Adventurist
Founding Member
Our female Boxer, Tassie, passed away this afternoon. She will be missed.

We rescued her about 9 years ago, we think she was about a year old when we got her. She had been battling Valley Fever for the last 6 years or so, but had a good quality of life right up until the end.

parker4252011014.jpg

I have a sealed bottle of Fluconazole (cost $125 or so) that we were treating her with that I would like to donate to anyone that might be able to use it. I've called my vet and the local animal shelter, they don't take meds as donations.

Thanks guys. I knew it was coming yesterday, had planned to take her to the vet to have her put down this evening. Machelle called me around noon and said she was going downhill fast, I should come home. She died in Machelle's arms 10 minutes before I got home. 2015 has been a hell of a ride in the Green house.

On a lighter note, I'm pretty sure she knew how cheap I was, figured she'd save me the $200 the vet was going to charge to do the deed.:cool:

Sorry about your loss, dog's just have shorter lives than people. Sad but inevitable ....

My Aimee is about 12 yrs old, I found her in the woods when she still had her puppy teeth. Used to be a ten mile dog but now she's done after about 1/4 mile.

Thanks guys.

Yep, we all hope we out live our dogs. Our male, Mac, is about 10 years old as well. He's in good health, so hopefully he'll be around for a few more years. Our first Boxer lived to be 14, which is almost unheard of for a Boxer.

I am sorry for your loss. Keep in your heart and in your memory all the time they spent together, is the best way to remember a friend.

So sorry about your loss Bob. She was a very good girl and will truly be missed.

We found our Mexican Dirt Dog!

Her name is Penny, we think she's a Boston Terrier/Cattle Dog mix, roughly 8 months old, and a bundle of energy. She's brindle with a flecked white chest and a band of white around the right side of her neck. Her tail is funny, it's longer than a Boston, but has the kinks in it!

We found her through Boston Terrier Rescue. I kind of wanted a Boston, but they don't tolerate heat well so I had somewhat changed my mind on them, then Machelle found Penny, we think she'll be a good match for our lifestyle and companion dog for Mac.

She knows the basic commands, comes flying through the dog door when I call her in. We need to work on her social skills a bit. She was aggressive towards Mac when they first met, but they settled down and I was walking them together in minutes. She does have a few bad habits I need to break, primarily nipping and jumping up on people.

She slept through the night in a crate with no issues. We put her in the crate while we went to the store today, she barked a bit at first but settled down fairly quickly.

She and Mac are still working out the pecking order. The previous owner felt that Penny needed to be dominant, Mac has other ideas about that. Penny was actually submissive right from the start, so I think we are going to be OK, just not sure about leaving them alone with both of them running free just yet.

She won't hold still long enough to get a decent picture, but these will give you an idea of what she looks like.

penny%20004_zpsordbhudg.jpg

penny%20009_zpsp5axkbec.jpg

penny%20008_zpsezghegd9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom