Roof Bags

waltercervantes

Adventurist
Hi,
I'm looking to purchase a roof bag for my car and wondered whether anyone could recommend one please?
I don't want to spend too much, as it will only be used a couple of times a year.
Size doesn't matter, but it must be waterproof (actually waterproof, not just claim to be!
smiley2.gif
)
TIA
smiley1.gif

Hi,
I'm looking to purchase a roof bag for my car and wondered whether anyone could recommend one please?
I don't want to spend too much, as it will only be used a couple of times a year.
Size doesn't matter, but it must be waterproof (actually waterproof, not just claim to be!
smiley2.gif
)
TIA
smiley1.gif

Without knowing how much volume you need. I have a Front Runner Typhoon Bag that's been on my roof rack quite a few time and keeps things dry.

Do you need larger? Smaller? Made out of lighter material?

I have the RoofBag brand roof bag in the larger of the two sizes and the premium version.

It has been on the roof of my Outback and then 4Runner in the extended Yakima Load Warrior on two meandering trips from Ohio to Seattle, taking our daughter's stuff to college. Having never used anything like these before, I packed anything that could be damaged by water in super-large ZipLok style bags. We were in rain a few times at highway speeds, but never any severe storms. Neither trip had a drop of water inside once we opened it in Seattle.

I opted for this instead of a roof box because once emptied, it could be folded away and the basket was available for use. It also doesn't take any much space to store at home between uses. It is somewhat of a pain to pack evenly, zip around the corners, and strap down. But in my case it was only once a trip. I'm very pleased with it for our use.

IMG_1370.jpeg

IMG_2791.jpeg

Yes, there was way too much weight out back on the Outback. I ended up replacing the front CV joints once I got to Seattle...

Back
Top Bottom