100acre

Adventurist
IMG_5271.JPG
IMG_5273.JPG
IMG_5274.JPG
IMG_5254.JPG
IMG_5252.JPG
IMG_5255.JPG
I came across this beauty while exploring SW Montana this last spring while I was checking out the area around Quake Lake in the in Gallatin NF and the Lee Metcalf Wilderness.

:flag

Epic. I would love to do a build like that. Still plan on doing an M715. Love old iron like that.

I could never have a machine like that. I'd still wheel the damn thing, it would suffer some damage at some point.

Anyone know how you get in/out and are the bead lock wheels vintage?

The wheels on this WWII Dodge WC57 are period correct combat wheels. Originally they had a steel bead lock inside hence the bolt on lock rings.
These things were designed to be driven by skinny 20 year olds so getting in and out on the right side is not an issue.
The off road performance of these things is somewhat mediocre with close to 6000 LBS. of iron for the 90 horse flathead six and single speed
transfer case. The Jeeps would run circles around them off road. Vehicle appears to be towing an M101 trailer was it repowered? Top speed
of these things in stock form is 45 mph with the 5.83 gears.These are the Duesenberg convertible of the Military vehicle collector world and fetch big money restored to original condition.

Back
Top Bottom