QuickPitch En-Suite shower and privacy certain

Nice.

I would love to know more about your solution for adjusting it out away from your vehicle... (parts, where sourced, etc). I assume that allows you to also easily remove it from the vehicle when not in use?

I have a Gamiviti rack and I used his awning receiver female part to attach to the roof rack. The male portion I had him custom build for me so I can easily remove it. For the fabric to hang down vertically I have to be 11" out from the receiver end to clear the fender flares.

I bought the soft bag model instead of the box because I didn't want a permanent mount. I reinforced the mount with a 72"x3"x1/4" aluminum bar that I cut to size and I drilled holes into and attached to the backing of the arms (inside the bag). I had to put in a plastic wedge to angle up the arms so they would be level.

Future plan is to use an Eccotemp L5, power with a power outlet to my auxillary battery, propane tank in a milk crate on top of the roof rack and water source from Sceptor water tanks.

Last edited:
It's just money. Buy the best, cry once. I don't want to be cursing what PIA is it to take down and set up my current shower/toilet tent.

That’s a good strategy in my experience - thanks for sharing!

That's really cool but bloody hell is it expensive for what it is.

I'm extremely jealous of his 70 series.

Last edited:
Got mine installed today. Still working on the strap length. I used an Gobi Jack mount I had around but i'm going to work on something better. It's positioned so the zippered interior window matches up with the Jeep window so I can just reach in for towel or clothes. No wind noise on hwy. I'm just using the same old garden sprayer I've been using.

20180414_131124.jpg

20180414_130857.jpg

20180414_133611.jpg

hi all. I made a simple slider bracket for mine. Not 100% foolproof as it stuck a little bit when i push it back.

Brilliant idea! I’m still on the fence about this product. I need a potty tent more than a shower tent and suspect the missus won’t like the gap at the bottom. It may be a little too breezy down there.

Brilliant idea! I’m still on the fence about this product. I need a potty tent more than a shower tent and suspect the missus won’t like the gap at the bottom. It may be a little too breezy down there.
But of course! We're not savages!! Doesn't everyone travel with a potty tent and a shower tent!? Ha-rumpf, ha-rumpf! :rofl

246x0w.jpg

1K FLCN

But of course! We're not savages!! Doesn't everyone travel with a potty tent and a shower tent!? Ha-rumpf, ha-rumpf! :rofl

246x0w.jpg

1K FLCN

To clarify for those who may struggle with reading comprehension and/or common sense, the convenience of the en suite is fantastic but the lack of a floor and walls that attach to it make me wonder if my wife would feel a little too exposed if we used it as a potty tent. I have no desire to own two outhouse style tents.

To clarify for those who may struggle with reading comprehension and/or common sense, the convenience of the en suite is fantastic but the lack of a floor and walls that attach to it make me wonder if my wife would feel a little too exposed if we used it as a potty tent. I have no desire to own two outhouse style tents.
Gosh, I feel sooo stupid and embarrassed now and put in my place.

I can see by your clarification that it's just impossible to interpret that missive in any other fashion... go figure. I hope there was only limited chaffing from my extraordinarily flippant comment to you and your family. :(

Gosh, I feel sooo stupid and embarrassed now and put in my place.

I can see by your clarification that it's just impossible to interpret that missive in any other fashion... go figure. I hope there was only limited chaffing from my extraordinarily flippant comment to you and your family. :(

I’m sure we’ll get over it in due time.

The height of the curtain is adjustable for different vehicles and mounting placement. The video mentions cutting the remainder of the height adjustment straps after it's been mounted. But I see no reason why you can't leave the extra length so you can get it close to the ground as you like in the field. Of course it's not going to be an 8 second setup anymore with more than a dozen straps to adjust the height every setup.

Last edited:
Adjustment is part of the practicality. I made mine lower and use it for a shower and the potty.

Back
Top Bottom