Quick compressor advice.

Well everyone has their requirements. I have not tried air tools but might try it just to find out. Also going to keep track of how many times my 10# 1800psi Smitty billet tank can fill up my 35s. My backup can always be my arb setup for my arb lockers, buti would just use it to get to a gas station before the drive home.

I picked up the ARB portable twin unit & its worked well so far, airing 285's from 30PSI in front to 60 and 40PSI in the rear to 80 takes me just under 20 minutes, that includes diging it out of the storage box. hope that helps a bit.

IMG_6279.JPG
To add to the thread. I just added Anderson connections so I don't look so broken down with the hood up with Aligator clamps.

To add to the thread. I just added Anderson connections so I don't look so broken down with the hood up with Aligator clamps.

What does the other end of that look like? Where do you plug it in? Still direct off the battery?

What does the other end of that look like? Where do you plug it in? Still direct off the battery?
It looks exactly the same just an opposing connection. I have had a plug for my solar panels in the passenger area of the wheel well for over a year and liked the clean hidden location and did the same with the new connector, it is a direct drop down from the battery with a minimal cable run. Here is a photo so you can see the rough idea. Side note; run the vehicle when you run this unit.
IMG_6276.JPG

@rvdb It would be advisable to take those fuses you have on the compressor side of the connector and move them closer to the ring terminals that connect to the battery that leads to your plug.

This way, you don't have a live wire that is maybe 2-3 feet long without any protection in case of a short.

Other than that, ingenious setup!

@rvdb It would be advisable to take those fuses you have on the compressor side of the connector and move them closer to the ring terminals that connect to the battery that leads to your plug.

This way, you don't have a live wire that is maybe 2-3 feet long without any protection in case of a short.

Other than that, ingenious setup!

Thanks for the info, I left it with the fuses on the compressor side so I can connect it to the alligator clips that it came with it as needed in other vehicles. I wrapped the cables from the battery individually with sheathing covers & zipped them down to minimize friction & wear. Having typed that it doesn't hurt to have fuses on both sides, it's a tight fit under the hood of a van even for two darn fuses.

I have the dual 450c viair compressors, no tank. Work's great 35s go from 25psi to 55-60psi in about 2-2.5 minutes per tire. They are 100% duty cycle and i never have to worry about running out of air.
I mounted them under the truck behind the driver rear tire. So far it's been great.
20170123_133258.jpg

20170123_151737.jpg

Back
Top Bottom