Question on Rhino Rack Batwing Awning?

ArkansasDon

Adventurist
getting ready to order this, Rhino-Rack Batwing Awning Right Side Mount, it states 118 sq. ft. is this a adequate size? are these awnings pretty reliable trouble free awnings?

getting ready to order this, Rhino-Rack Batwing Awning Right Side Mount, it states 118 sq. ft. is this a adequate size? are these awnings pretty reliable trouble free awnings?

From what I've seen (looked at these at Expo East), they're pretty good and lots of room. My plan is to add their Pioneer Rack to the Jeep and add one of these awnings to my setup.

Fun fact: The Rhino Rack awning is compatible with Oztent stuff on some level, I've seen the Oztent linked to them as well as their side walls on this Awning. Pretty well made stuff overall IMO.

If I am planning on shelling out the money for my new project I like to know if it is worth the money & no issues. The reviews are good I just wish they would give actual measurements on both sides so I can get a idea. But it seems they give sq. ft. instead. Thanks for the reply

I used on on our trip to Alaska last summer. It is a one man operation to deploy it and I found the coverage to be good. The rain we encountered was never so hard or wind driven so I never used any of the tapered walls I had.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    684.4 KB · Views: 55
I was so happy with my Alu-Cab 270 at Desert Rendezvous that I bought a roof rack to better secure it. The coverage are of these types of awnings is fantastic. I chose mine because it has less guy lines, but I think the sacrifice is weight. I’m it trying to sway you one way or the other as far as brand, only to tell you the 270° aspect is great because it adds rear coverage without having a second awning.

thanks for all in the input, this is the exact rack I want to mount it on. I guess I'll have to fabricate mounts that work.
E7B6272A63CA3325.jpg

I used on on our trip to Alaska last summer. It is a one man operation to deploy it and I found the coverage to be good. The rain we encountered was never so hard or wind driven so I never used any of the tapered walls I had.

That's great feedback, thanks for sharing.

I was so happy with my Alu-Cab 270 at Desert Rendezvous that I bought a roof rack to better secure it. The coverage are of these types of awnings is fantastic. I chose mine because it has less guy lines, but I think the sacrifice is weight. I’m it trying to sway you one way or the other as far as brand, only to tell you the 270° aspect is great because it adds rear coverage without having a second awning.

Yes, tailgate area coverage is the main thing I want from one.

In talking with Rhino Rack , the tapered walls are the way to go as they allow more room inside the awning area. Rather than the wall falling straight down the wall tapers out away from the awning so you get some "elbow" room

Back
Top Bottom