Queen Elizabeth's Revenge

jim65wagon

Adventurist
Founding Member
I really cringe at calling this a build thread. The Revenge is stock....well, mostly stock. Enough so that no one really notices the things that are not stock.

AKA the CrowsTow.....here we are airing up the tires on truck and trailer after a weekend getaway.

Current Set Up
Miles when purchased: 46
Miles as of 3-14-13: 193,805

Drivetrain:
4.7 V8, 4-speed auto, 3.91 gears, rear LSD
the sweet V8 breathes through a modified airbox,and a TrueFlow intake tube. The airbox mod is setup as a ramair setup that breathes through the front bumper. I know it's not the "offroad" way, but it helps the DD breathe every day. Easily disconnected if a water crossing comes up.

Suspension:
Front: Donahoe Coilovers set at 1.5" of lift
Rear: Stock springs with a Deaver 3 leaf AAL, helped along by a set of Airlift Aircells (poly bumpstops).

Tires and Wheels:
Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx size 285/75R16 mounted on 16x8 Wheelers Steel wheels Type "B" with a 4" backspace

Interior:
Corbeau Moab seats in Black and Grey
Rugged Ridge center console
Grey Vinyl floor
Overhead console from a Sequoia

Exterior Accessories:
Truxedo Tonneau cover,
Rhinoliner in the bed
CrowsWing LTD bed rack (well, it was pre-CrowsWing, but since I did the construction, it's kinda sorta true)

Added Bonuses:
On Board Air System powered by a Viair 330C compressor, a 2.5 gallon tank, and front and rear outlets.
Skid Row Skidplates
12Volt power outlet in the bed
USASpec Ipod adapter for tunes
Long Tru-Flow transmission cooler
Front receiver hitch
Anderson quick disconnects behind the grill for powering the winch
Superwinch EPi9 (only when camping, or on snow days)
2 extra power outlets under the backseat
Uniden CB Radio (well, it's there, but recently has died)

....and just so you know, you'll be getting some camping trips in here too. Things that happen on trips become reasons for modifications....
P5190105.jpg

Last edited:
We bought the truck new in the fall of 2002, we were living in a 100 plus year old farmhouse in Pennsylvania, working on restoring it and finding time to live. We were replacing a much despised Dakota (lemon is good in pies, not so good for trucks). We shopped around initially looking for a used low mileage Tundra (we wanted a Toyota mainly just to try something new) Prices on used trucks were terribly high at the time and even haggling would get us a 60,000 mile ride for only a few thousand dollars less than a new one.

My wife and I talked it over and switched gears to getting a brand new vehicle. We went to a nearby (Meadville, PA) dealership to give a test drive on one of their lot vehicles. The salesman got us in the truck with me behind the wheel and I fired it up. V8 engine rumbling along, he hopped out and quickly said "I almost forgot the plates! I'll be right back!" and he was gone. Beth leaned forward from the backseat and said "I bet you can't do a burnout and make him hold on for dear life".
Now, it just so happened, that an overnight thunderstorm had left a goodly puddle in the dealer lot. When the salesman got back in I eased the truck through the water and up to the road. When traffic cleared I turned the wheel a bit and floored it. Man, I love V8s! The tires lit up, smoke rolled, the back of the truck sashayed a bit, and our friend was clutching the grab bars. "It's got pretty good pick-up doesn't it?" he said.

After a cruise around admiring the ride, braking and acceleration improvements over the V6 Dakota, we decided on a new Tundra for sure. We went in to talk about what we wanted and needed. (V8, automatic, LSD, bench seats, TRD offroad package)

The salesman asked "What color do you want?" I was thinking green, or blue. Beth says "Black, it looks cool in black." And there we were a few weeks later signing papers for a black TRD 4x4 Access Cab. My first new truck! All shiny and black and chrome, one of the kids said it looked like a pirate ship....they called it Jolly Rodger for a while, but Queen Elizabeth's Revenge sounds better for a pirate ships name, and honours my wife simultaneously.

Since it was purchased with home improvements in mind, and we never had time for camping, I said (you can laugh now) "It's perfect for us, I won't even have to modify it at all!"

Two weeks later it had sidesteps, and Rhino-lining in the bed. December saw the Truxedo tonneau cover added. This is the closest thing to a new car picture I have of it. It was a little wet out and the driveway had a little water in it!

Another few months and the fine PA winters set in. With 15000 miles on the original tires they weren't cutting it in the snow. I found a used set of BFG AT's to try out (thanks Mark) and a buddy on Tundra Solutions had a set of Wheelers Black Steelies for sale cheap. Much better now!

The house finally got finished enough that we decided to take a real vacation somewhere. After much net surfing we came across the Outer Banks. After more searching we discovered the 4x4 beaches north of Corolla. "Hey we've got a 4x4! Let's try it out!" So we rented a house for a week, got a tow strap, shovels out of the garage and packed food clothes and various other necessities for a beach week.

The beach was the best vacation to that point in time! We try to go once a year now even if it's only for a weekend....it's the bomb!

The winter of 04 brought a deer collision. Bugger ran out of a field at dark, nosed into my fender, took out the drivers mirror, scraped his eyeball and antlers across both windows, and proceeded to convolute every panel on the drivers side. The undamaged items, turn signal on the front, tailight on the rear! The smudge in front of the big dent on the fender is where his nose hit.....it actually left such a good noseprint you could see the roughness of the skin.

Last edited:
The truck got repaired in January, and we moved to Virginia in the spring of 2005. Odd thing, having a newer house left us with some free time. We decided we could start camping and going places besides the Outer Banks (house rentals are costly!) for less expensive vacations.

We started out getting a truck tent for Beth and I, the kids would use our ground tent.

After our first trip to GWNF and camping out(2005),

not being able to find things in the dark under the cover, and airing up tires with a portable TruckAir compressor (45+ minutes) I decided if we were going to do this with any frequency at all I needed a few things.
First came a bed light and a 12v power port. Now I could see under the tonneau cover in the dark, and I could air up the mattress without climbing into the cab. I wired a switch in the dash to cut power to both (paranoid for leaving lights on)

Second, I bought a little MV-50 air compressor, it was fast, 20 minutes now to do all four. However, I didn't want it taking up room in my little gear box with all my fluids and puncture kit, tow strap etc; so under the hood it goes.

No room. Big truck, little V8 and no room for the compressor. A perfect spot was on the fender right next to the air intake (an SS Autochrome from Ebay for $10), but that big steel plate that comes with the kit took up to much room. I found an equally cheap (that's me) method of making the air intake smaller. I used a battery box to house the filter and plumbed a nice little ramair system from the bumper. I made it so I could block off the ram air if I was offroad and the truck would just have to breathe hot underhood air from the vents on the box.

That gave me room for the compressor, mounted it on a steel plate using the original airbox's rubber isolated bolts. Worked like a charm!

Now I could airdown with my nice Staun deflators, drive wherever i was, and air up in half the time as before. All was right with the world.

Then I met my neighbor (Sean) with a blue Unlimited Jeep on 33x12.50s..

Sean liked to wheel, and he asked us if we wanted to go to GWNF. Heck yeah! So here we were a family of four, following two jeeps, (one on 33's the other on 31's and a Dodge Ram on 35's. It was fun, but I like to go slow and look around, get the kids out to hike, geocache, etc. This day we were there to drive trails. Going up the trail (same one we came down by ourselves last time), I followed the others on a side trail. This is what happened...wham!

So much for the steps. They were only there for the kids anyway. Kids can climb, right?
Regardless of the slight damage (the door still opened), we continued the day...

The blockoff for the airbox came in handy, and I decided that I didn't have quite enough ground clearance.

I spent some time researching tire sizes, how much lift was needed, and how much hammer I needed to fit the larger tires. The White Paper on Tire Selection was very helpful, as was the Expo Portal. Not having the ready cash available for the Donahoe coilovers and full Deaver leafspring setup I wanted, I settled for the slightly less desireable (ok way less desireable) Daystar and Deaver 3leaf AAL. Both purchased from members of TS, both slightly used, both very cheap. I got 1.5" out of the Daystars in front and 3/4" from the 3Leaf in the back. Now I could fit taller tires without much effort, and all I had to do was wait for the BFG AT's to wear out.

We continued through the summer camping and fishing on weekends. Most notably we went to Mount Rogers (tallest peak in VA), camped at Hurricane campground. The hiking was great and the campground was quiet. Nice.

Then came Monongahela 2006, we showed up...and Chris (Cshontz) showed. We didn't get there in time to run the forest roads, but we had a good time, and made a friend for life. Trips just keep getting better!

That was our last trip for the year, it made a lasting impression on us. Actually knowing someone who was like us made us much less apprehensive about meeting new people in the middle of West Virginia in the middle of nowhere...

In early 2007 the ol' BFGs finally were worn enough to warrant replacement. I had spent my winter thinking of tire sizes, going back and forth...keep the 265s, get 285s, get 255s...the only thing I knew was I wanted an AT. I simply put too many road miles on the truck to warrant a mud tire.

After an amazing amount of consideration and research and looking at my picture of bent tube steps, I crossed out the 265 on the list. Now then...285s or 255s. I admit at this time to spending money to help decide... I bought two tires, both halftreads; 1 in 285 and 1 in 255. Mount them up and try them on! Well guess what? With a 1.5" lift on a Tundra 285s rubbed enough to worry me. 255s on the other hand...fit! That narrows it down considerably. Let's see a 255 with an AT tread...hmm...not too much choice there. The only one I liked was the Cooper Discoverer ST. The internet reads (opinions) were good, the tread looked good. I knew (personally) no one with first hand experience with them so I thought I'd be the first on my block with them. Bought em love em can't recommend them enough, you need a do all tire that rivals the standard BFG AT this is it, plus they look good on the truck. The size of the tire combined with the mild lift keep the truck very stock looking, no one notices, it's just another Tundra.

Spring came along and with 500 miles on the tires I was following those pesky jeeps through the same trails that bit my steps. Oooh this is better, less scraping, bumping thumping pinging noises from underneath. Same trails less mess!

Beginning with the '06 Monongahela trip I thought about a bed rack. Four of us absolutely fill the bed with stuff (we try to live comfortably you know), and we have this unwritten rule that gear must fit under the cover! How to keep dry stuff dry, and the cover down and still have room for everyones stuff? Rack! Right!

Beth and I talked it out and we planned a half length, full width bed rack. It had to be high enough to allow the cover to roll up, but be low enough so gear wasn't standing taller than the roofline of the cab. I drew plans all winter, bought steel, and started cutting and welding in the spring. By summer time I had a rack and it's first loaded run was to Trout Pond in WVa. I was a bundle of nerves for that trip out, three gear boxes, water and a bit of firewood on the rack...I watched the mirrors a looong time waiting for a bump or turn in the road to collapse the rack like so many metal matchsticks! Whew! It worked, as planned and exceeded my expectations!

I like it because in a matter of minutes it goes from being 3 pieces of wall art in the garage, to a functional utility rack. It doesn't wiggle, wobble or creak. It holds a lot of weight, and if I could dance a jig I could dance it on the rack!

Then the road trips started...went to the Baltimore Aquarium, camped overnight in PA and stopped by Cabelas. We bought two new tents and four cots which updated our new "system" no more unloading the whole truck for an overnighter!

Spent a week at Lake Anna State Park(cabin)

trips to Rapidan Wildlife Management Area (no camping just touring)

camping in Trout Pond WVA (with Haggis and crew)

Greenbriar State Forest (noisy campground) in West Virginia

and on into Kentucky then back trying to come back along forest roads as best we could

By the time of the Second Annual Monongahela trip we were all worn out from racking up a lot of road miles, but this was the trip we really looked forward to. The gang on the East Coast of the Expedition Portal (are we allowed to say it? or is it "the site tthat shall remain nameless?) are top-notch, fun to be with people. Whether sitting by a campfire trying to get Chris to eat snails, hiking along the river, or joy riding the Canaan Loop, they are all commendable people.

We settled down a bit after the Mon trip. We made it to OBX in October for Beths birthday, just a quick weekender, but we got to test the Coopers in the sand. Narrow tread still works in the sand, can't say it was better than the slightly wider/shorter BFG ATs (265s) but they certainly weren't any worse. They just drive through the sand, no drama.

That was the last off road trip for the year of 2007, the truck made a few more road trips, including one to Asheville NC. It got pretty quiet after that and we very slowly approached the 100,000 mile mark.

In March of 2007 with the brand new Coopers the Tundra sat at 72000 miles. In March 2008 the odometer rolled over the 100,000 mark, that's what 28,000 miles in one year? Not a bad year, busy but fun for all.

That last outing to the Outer Banks in October saw the demise of my little MV-50, I decided it was time to get a little more serious. Since I'm a cheapskate, I spent a few months on Ebay, and CL picking up parts. The TruckAir that I still carry for backup works but it is slooow!
I wound up with:
A Viair 380c, newish from someone elses uncompleted lowered air bag project. 100% duty cycle and a nice blingy chrome!
A Viair 2.5 gallon tank, used
A Viair pressure regulator with built in relay, new
A nifty aluminum manifold from Sierra Expeditions
A a neat little (ex foglight) switch that will fill in the blank in my dash nicely
A blue sea fuse block, so I can stop wiring power leads directly to the battery!

I also added a Hidden Hitch front receiver. It's for moving the boat around (works like a charm) and for a winch. I've always like the idea of a winch but never wanted to spring for the large bumper, or wanted the additional weight of one. The Hitch tucks up nicely ( I've seen worse ones) and I can drop my skidplate without a problem for oil changes.

We purchased a 21 gallon potable water tank from PPL Motorhomes, along with a Shur-flo pump
I also picked up another Blue Sea fuse block, a toggle switch and a 12volt outlet.

From scrap lumber we had in the garage I built a frame that would house a deep cycle boat battery, the fuse block, 12 volt outlet and provide a place to mount the pump.
The whole unit sits at the cab end of the bed, it's lightweight (without the battery) and installs in minutes. Toss in the frame, place the tank and connect the quick connects (pressure washer) from the pump to the tank. Insert the battery; fill tank. Viola!

Made a plywood cover that "locked under the bed rails and latched with a ratchet strap. This kept everything in place when bouncing down the roads,

The toggle switch is mounted near the tailgate, flick it "on" and the pump pressurizes, unwind the drinking quality garden hose and spray, wash, drink till your hearts content! Barring a few leaks (vent and fill cap) it's worked out well.

By August of 2008 our truck had 108,000 miles on it.....

With the Hidden Hitch installed I moved up to a winch.

We picked up a Superwinch EPi9.0 and bolted it to a Curt winch plate. With the wire cable and fairlead attached the whole thing went about 120 lbs. Not the easiest thing to move around, but if it's not hooked to the truck, it's sitting on a shelf in the garage.

The wiring: The factory winch wiring was super long! Of course, I took a pair of bolt cutters to a brand new winch! Installed a set of 350amp Anderson(?) quick connects and wired the loose end to the marine bolts on the Deka Intimidator 34/78 Marine/RV battery under the hood. I do not know if the auxillary connects on the battery can handle that kind of amperage; but this was temporary; as I plan to run a rear power line and hook both up to some kind of switch. No need to have full battery power running down huge cable all the time - kind of like asking for trouble, ya know?

For now, there is the winch set up. The Anderson QC on the truck side bolts under the hood so it does not bang around while driving. The winch bolts to the truck and voila! 9000lbs of pull!

Yes, it hangs a bit low. Lower than I like, but I'll deal. If I get wild I'll pull off the bumper cover and see if I can mount it higher, but it's OK.

Yes, I've buried the winch. One occasion, running a fair bit of speed, trying to find a campsite, before dark, rolled over a runoff swale; as the truck came down...Bang! No damage to anything!

I buried it in a hillside doing a 37 point U-turn.
And on our MON scout trip I put it through a mud hole (Al provoked me I swear!) I rolled the front of the truck down in the mud and to get it up the other side I had to dig a little trench with the fairlead to get out. Wash it off, spray it with WD40 and it's GTG!

On Black Friday I got out of work early enough to take advantage of a sale...Pep Boys had a color backup camera for 59 dollars. I got it wired up and the monitor hangs on a homemeade bracket between the rearview mirror and the sunglasses console. It's wired to pull power from the interior light circuit and the camera is switched on at my bed light switch so it can be on anytime. That works swell when the rack and all the gear is on; I'm able to see who's sneaking up behind me that way.

Mileage? 119,000

I put 50,000 miles (truck was at 122,700 at this time) on my Cooper ST's in almost exactly 2 years. My replacements? Another set of Coopers, same 255/85 size. I like them that much, and me not being Redline, I can't afford more than one set of tires at a time. These have proven to be rugged and versatile. I won't bore you with a pic since the truck looks the same with the new Coops as it did a few pages back with the old ones.

The next thing I managed was a new CB mount. This one was my wifes idea (really!) as the box I built to house the power inverter and cb sat in her purse storage location for trips (center hump). Her idea was the in dash cupholder..."We never use these, can you mount the CB there?" "Sure I can, Hon, It'll be easy...all I have to do is pull out the holder and slap in the CB"

We all know how this is going to turn out, don't we?

Those of you with early Tundras know the location I'm talking about. Can you just pull out the cupholders? NO! The dash comes out, from the drivers side all the way over! I should taken pictures, cause my wifes comment was..."What the H...happened here? Can you remember how it all goes back together?" " Sure I can Hon"

And I did, took several hours, some swearing, bracket making and discovering a 5" long CB would fit sweet! Mines 7...aaarrgh! But there it is, wired up and working.

I installed a set of Bilstein 5100 rear shocks (easy right? - WRONG!) and a set of Air Lifts Air Cell spring/bumpstops in 2009

The shocks...what can I say...it should have been easy peasy but someone smarty-pants at Toyota decided a shock with a stud on top instead of an eye was better...better for whom I don't know; because it was a royal pain to remove that top nut! My hands just barely fit between the framerail and the bed, ibuprofen was my friend for a couple of days after that....oohhh to be twenty something again!

The air cells on the other hand were easy. Remove ubolts, remove bumpstop; place aircell bracket on replace ubolts. Tighten and torque ubolts. Snap in air cell.

I really was torn between these and the already proven Timbrens. But I like to try new things and I couldn't find any reviews on the Air Cell. So I did what any normal geek would do; I bought the air cells and you can make your decisions based on my one review!

AIR LIFT AIR CELLS
The ride unloaded is a bit bouncy, but I think that is more due to my sagging 3leaf AAL, which makes the stops ride really close to the stop-plate, instead of the inch or so gap they are supposed to have. As a result the air cell tends to hit the bumpstop plate more often than it should. New springs, or at least extra leaves may be needed to alleviate this and bring the truck back to it's original lift height.
Loaded is a whole different ball game! The ride is great. On road and off road bumps that had the truck slamming into the stock bumpstops had it compress gently down. Never once was it harsh hitting the stops. Cornering is improved at speed, and the truck sits quite level with a full load in the bed. I do not know if they have affected the rear articulation, as I haven't done anything dramatic with them yet, but I'll keep you informed.

they are not very pretty. They come shipped white (eeewwww!) and newly installed they are white with greasy fingerprints and some dusty West Virginia dirt...oh well, soon enough they were uniformly dirty...

I took a vacation day in August of 2009, trying to use up my last few before I turn another year older. Use 'em or lose 'em! I spent my day (well part of it) installing my new/old Donahoes. Wow! That was easy! This is the third set of coilovers I've had the pleasure to swap out on a Tundra and it gets easier every time.

The old ones came out and the new ones went in. The bushings in the old set were shot, and after 135,000 miles (70,000 of which were with the 1-1/2" lift) the shocks really needed replacing.

The ride difference was totally amazing. No more nose diving in hard braking, it floats over large bumps in the road now - before it was big bouncy time....well worth the 200 skins I paid out. Am I a cheapskate or what?

The only mistake I made was adjusting the coilovers on the workbench. I let them down too much and it was sitting with about a 1/2" lift. No rub on the street, but it's so close I could see trouble off-road. With the boat on the front receiver it just rubs the front of the fender, and if it weren't for the pinchweld mod it would rub the rear of the fender badly! It was actually easy to adjust on the truck and soon it was back to it's massive 1-1/2" lift

2010: I ran my Ipod off of a Griffin Itrip FM transmitter for several years now. It played music ok (I never got very good stereo separation out of it), and it always had interference at some point on any trip.

I had the Ipod mounted with a Scoche Gripit, mated to a ProClips mount on the radio face...like this

It was actually a good setup, travel wise. The mount was solid and rattle free...the only fault it had (well, my fault really) was my fat fingers had a heck of a time using the tuner knob partially blocked by the mount.

Since I was only mildly annoyed on any given trip, I didn't worry about it. I missed the CD quality sound I had from discs, but I'm no audiophile! For my birthday in December I received a UsaSpec Ipod Interface Adapter (specifically the UsaSpec PA15-TOY)

That's a stock photo, but that's all it is...a little box and a couple wires. I failed to get pics during the installl (it was COLD! outside) but it was easy-peasy. 5 screws remove the faceplate over the radio. 4 bolts remove the radio. Detach wiring. Attach UsaSpec wiring harness, reattach stock wiring, button the radio back up. I mounted the box to the floor, behind the center stack.

And ran the Ipod connector cable up and into the back of the glovebox. My dash now looks all stock, when I listen to the Ipod I get a Text display on the radio for the song playing

The radio controls the Ipod, I can change playlists (as disc on the radio display), change songs with the tracks button. If I pick disc 9, I can run the Ipod manually. It sounds good too, I've got stereo separation I've never heard from the Ipod before....best of all, when the metal comes up it will JAM! Not that I would ever play my stereo at a deafening roar, mind you...no, not me....

I invested in the transmission skid and transfer case skidplates from SkidRow. I wish the provided bolts were a little more streamlined, they'll do for now. The plates themselves are solid, easy to install and pretty black, just like the truck. Plus, it's one of those mods you never notice unless you're looking for them....my kind of mod....unnoticeable to the public eye....yep still looks like a Tundra.

Yeah, I get 2 years out of a set of tires.....that runs 40-50,000 miles in those two years. This brings us to April of 2011
This time it was just barely over 40,000 out of my second set of Cooper Discoverer ST (255/85/16 ExPo approved size).

I was going to get a third set but pricing issues locally held me back and I went shopping online, and with Cooper coming out with a new and improved version (ST Maxx) I thought I might try them out. Of course they don't come in 255/85, but I think they'll fit. I have to to a 285/75 (non ExPo approved size) to get these

I got them from Tread Depot and with shipping and handling and m&b locally I still saved about 200 dollars total over what every tire shop in town wanted.

They do fit, it's tight and I think I'll have to do just a little more flare trimming to keep them from rubbing when it flexes.

They certainly give the truck a different look. and they're quieter than the old tires. Can't wait to see how they fair in other conditions.....

...and yes I know real offroaders only put blackwalls out but the truck has too much black from the side and I think it looks really nice with the white letters.....yeah I know they'll get dirty and I'll have to clean them, but so will the truck.....

In a vehicles never ending quest for entropy, I actually had a real part failure last in June 2011. The little parking brake cable inside the passenger drum snapped in two. The drivers side was still intact but it couldn't hold enough by itself to hold the truck on a hill. And since the parking brake is also the rear brake adjustment, I was getting no self-adjustment (since I quit using the parking brake) and I could tell the fronts were working a lot harder to stop the truck.
Yes, you can manually adjust them by crawling under the truck and spinning the star wheel.
I picked up two cables from Toyota for $21 and replaced both sides.

Easy repair, and the brakes self adjust again!
167,000 miles

September 2011

What does someone do with 2 days of vacation left to use, and the rest of the family is tied up with work/school?
Rebuild the front end of the truck, of course!
New: Upper Balljoints, Lower Balljoints, Inner Tierod ends, Outer Tierod Ends, CV Axles.
Sorry, I can not oblige you with gratuitous photography. It's a bit of a job to play mechanic and photographer at once.
I will say that I learned something: Having a reliable vehicle can be a hazard in and of itself. Case in point. The Tundra has 171,900 miles on it. All of the front end parts are original except for the lower balljoints which got replaced under a recall at the 50,000 mile mark. This time span and mileage has left all the removeable parts in a nearly nonremovable fashion.
Everything from cotter pins to castle nuts were frozen to the point that I emptied an entire can of PB Blaster in the process. It was work to get this job done and it took me nearly the entire 2 days.
In retrospect; our exDakota (lemon) was being repaired so often that replacing parts was easy. The bolts never even have time to develop a patina before they were being removed.
Tools that saved this job from a tow truck to a real mechanics shop? Pickle fork, hammer drill (for beating the pickle fork with) and a 12 ton press. All of which I had the foresight years ago to purchase just for this job.....well not this job specifically.
Did I have to do this job? Not really. The truck still passed inspection last month. Passed my wiggle test for the balljoints. (although one of the uppers had very little grease left in it). The inner tierod ends were getting loose. The truck still drove well and the tires wore well.

Egads! Look what happened to my truck!:eek:

I've got photographs of my truck that are bigger than this thing is!

Not much ground clearance!.....................................Camping gear will never fit!
The name is even silly! Sounds like a constipated pirate, methinks! "Yar!issss.....
The is the rent-a car that Toyota set me up with for a few days while the truck was in for the frame rust recall in January 2012.....at least I didn't get charged for it

mileage in January of 2012 (on the truck not the Yar!iss )was 177,095...

That brings us up to date on the truck, excepting several trips, a teardrop trailer build, and another 20,000 miles.

As of today (3-25-2013) I have 195,000 miles on the ride. I've got a set of rock sliders setting in the garage, as well as a new interior all awaiting warmer, drier, less snowy weather.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom