QUAD COPTER ANYONE?

woody

Adventurist
Thinking about picking up one of these up and would like to be able to view what camera sees anyone can shed any light on this? Thanks

Check out rules and regs for your area before investing. Laws are becoming more stringent due to FAA rulings.
also if it were flying over my place, somebody I know might shoot it down with their endoplasmatic flaber flibber fusion cannon.

I've been wanting one for awhile now! What do you want to know, Woody?

Which one to get I'm sure it's the #2 but what is up in the air is the improved 3 axis gimbal? and stay w GO PRO or use other camera and if that's not enough which real time add-on screen to get for re time viewing?

There are some questions I have. I have seen that WI-FI video feed is not possible because of Radio Interference with the transmitter.

But the Phantom 2 with the 3 axis gimbal and a GoPro is the way to go. If you require real time viewing, you might need the Phantom 2 Vision which comes with it's own camera. It's all just more money. Which of course I am MORE than happy to help you spend....er I mean assist you in choosing the right setup and flying it for you....er..I mean...helping you learn to fly it.... while I learn as well of course. hahaha

You can always buy a base model and add the things you need for FPV afterwards. The problem with gopro is they operate on the same frequencies as the radios. What you want to look for is FPV units that operate on 5.8 so there's no chance of glitches.

That's exactly the type of info I was looking for, it certainly keeps me from spending stupid money well kinda

I world recommended buying a cheaper learner to get the feel for it before going into the big boys. Mistakes get expensive using nice equipment. Also don't skimp on your radio.

I'm thinking I'd better slow down b4 spending any money and learn first. Thanks for the heads up. I'll look for someone flying one and watch a lot and ask questions

Check out the blade products. You can a learner for a decent price and their parts support is as good as it gets.

I was under the impression that Phantoms operate differently than other quad copters.

Being that you are not operating the control surfaces yourself like on other copters, greatly increasing your chances of crashing. You are telling a geospacial aware device to adjust it's coordinates by moving the sticks, fly by wire so to speak.

It looks like the Blade RTF camera platforms have some similar features of the Phantom in terms of operation. It'd be interesting to see one in person. I've seen the Phantom, and I can't believe how stable they are.

Cam next time let me know you're going to look and I'll go out and moon you!! Neighbors? we doan need no stinking neighbors!! we have attack trained Texas Longhorns to protect the place

I have the Phantom 2 Vision. It's awesome for what I want to do. The WIFI works pretty good with the unit. I can connect it to my phone or my I pad and watch a live feed video. Its very easy to fly! Go to Adventuer photography thread and scroll to messing with my drone, short I shot with my Phantom Vision 2.

Back
Top Bottom