Project PAYLOAD 2007 F250

HAZARDUTY

Adventurist
IMG_1199.PNG

I have owned this truck since I special ordered it in 2006. It is a 2007 model and I have been enjoying this truck for over 10 years and plan to enjoy it for at least 10 more.

I will be documenting my trucks story on this thread.

I am certainly a Dodge guy, but I have to admit, that is a great looking rig. Looking forward to hearing what all has been done to it.

IMG_1294.JPG

True bead lock rims.
We use these type of rims on vehicles I use when doing overseas work. I contacted the company when I got back and was able to pick some up. Went with a 17 inch rim size with mud terrain 35x13.50x17 E rated tires.

View attachment 34078

True bead lock rims.
We use these type of rims on vehicles I use when doing overseas work. I contacted the company when I got back and was able to pick some up. Went with a 17 inch rim size with mud terrain 35x13.50x17 E rated tires.
Who makes the rim, and are they DOT approved?

They look like Hutchinson bead locks to me, said to be DOT approved. They are similar to HumVee wheels.

In all of my years off roading I have yet to see anyone produce a ticket/citation for running beadlock wheels. With all of the fake-locks out there now, I doubt most LEO's would even know the difference. When I worked for Allison Transmission I was at one of the city bus barns and there was a CHP inspector there, I asked him about beadlocks...he gave me a blank stare, and asked me Bead...what? I said never mind, didn't want to educate him on the finer points of off highway wheels.

Last edited:
Bob is correct.
True bead lock and DOT approved.
It is the civilian brand of Hutchison military wheels.

Sorry. I am just used to purposely being vague and dont endorse brands out of habit.

IMG_2498.JPG

Upgrades to the whole break system with aftermarket severe duty parts. ( I tow quite a bit and have had issues with breaks in the past. So I replaced break line, sensors, rotors, calipers and pads at all four corners.

Also you can see the stage 4 4.5' lift I installed a few years ago.

80EA1372-D608-486B-81EE-A3D82790E0D1.jpeg

Camping in the San Juan Mountsains Colorado.
The full-size truck with Trailer was a bit much for a lot of what i wanted to explore in Colorado but we did manage to explore quite a bit.
Here you can see the quick wooden slide I made for the bed for the 80 quart fridge. I used 48” 500 lb self locking slides for it. I built it specifically for this 30 day 10,000 mile trip but have since removed it.

Time for an update.
Not much progress on the f250. I had it bulletproof at a local diesel shop as preventive maintenance at 100k miles.

Been enjoying it as a daily driver and work horse.

Loaded up for a trip out to the coast to go pick up another project
1B477760-4B1B-4AA5-951D-1B8F76939511.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom