Pro and Con the ARB Awning Room

jscusmcvet

Adventurist
If anyone out there has an experience with one of these, I would like to hear your impressions of it. I am lined up to get a used ARB awning with a room later this month. First thought is that it goes on the not so expo pop up... which is in need of a new awning, since our stock one met an untilmely death in WVA last summer... then started thinking maybe it provides better service for us on the Truck Tent Trailer... then thought that with this on the Suburban... we might not need anything else :)

Your thoughts?

No personal experience ARB arrangement, no reason it wouldn't be an awesome addition to your 'burb IMO. I had an '87 'burb, 2wd big block 2500, loved that thing, sadly, Machelle hated it. Plenty of room for two to sleep in, more if they still fit sideways!

I have an awning room for my Fiamma. It serves as a shower and an extra room when needed. It's not an ARB but I imagine the setup is similar.

Pay attention to the roof - awning rooms don't always seal up like a tent so it may leak in the rain.

No personal experience ARB arrangement, no reason it wouldn't be an awesome addition to your 'burb IMO. I had an '87 'burb, 2wd big block 2500, loved that thing, sadly, Machelle hated it. Plenty of room for two to sleep in, more if they still fit sideways!
Thanks Bob! Sleeping in the back of the Burb is a definite possibility. We are picking up a used ARB 2500 with the awning room. It will likely find it's way onto the Pop up, for when we are "base" camping. I am going to have to look into if it is possible to do some sort of quick mount for the awning and potentially be able to move it from one option to the other.
John

I have an awning room for my Fiamma. It serves as a shower and an extra room when needed. It's not an ARB but I imagine the setup is similar.

Pay attention to the roof - awning rooms don't always seal up like a tent so it may leak in the rain.
Ha ! I may have to reconsider then, since it rains EVERY time I camp :rain Just kidding, we expect to use it as an extension of the "living" area, mostly on the Pop up. I am gettinga good enough deal on the unit to suffer a little experimentation...
Thanks
John

Back
Top Bottom