Potluck & Dutch Oven Competition MRV 2016

You won't be cool with one either, that's why you have to camp in the back corner near me

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Inger has wanted one for years but I've always said no. It never seems worth the space/weight other than for the Dutch oven competitions. You guys got space in the back corner even if I'm uncool by not bringing a Dodge this trip?

You are welcome to start cooking as early as needed, the "set" time at the fire pit is just to have some kind of schedule to get things started. As stated, supply your own fuel, and charcoal is only allowed in the main fire pit (next to the stage). If you car using propane you can cook in your camp, but we try and get everyone to the fire pit to cook. It adds a social aspect and is great to see what others are doing and learn some tricks.

Thanks to everyone that replied to my question!

Sorry for the delay in posting:
The winner of the DO competition at this year's MRV was Chris Warton with his Curry.
Congratulations to Chris and a big thank you to all those that competed and contributed to the potluck. Y'all are who make Saturday night at the Rendezvous what is is; SPECTACULAR!!!

Sorry for the delay in posting:
The winner of the DO competition at this year's MRV was Chris Warton with his Curry.
Congratulations to Chris and a big thank you to all those that competed and contributed to the potluck. Y'all are who make Saturday night at the Rendezvous what is is; SPECTACULAR!!!
Not to mention that he put the prize back in the raffle!!!

Not to mention that he put the prize back in the raffle!!!
That was definetly a class act.. but Chris has always been a class act guy.. he already had a skottle, so he said put it back in the raffle. Cris is a top notch guy and I am proud to call him a friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

On the DR I seen the DO contest for the first time. Mind blown! Belly full! And I discovered a prison tray and not a plate is the best way to line up for the DO eatin phase :) I cannot wait till the next one! No idea how I won, I swear if it could go wrong with that recipe it DID go wrong. Y'alls musta been drunk at the counting table. Great event, great work by those who made it happen. Humbled my curry was deemed edible.

Back
Top Bottom