Potluck & Dutch Oven Competition MRV 2016

Stuart

Adventurist
Founding Member
It's time again for the Dutch Oven competition and potluck for the 2016 Mountain Rendezvous.

Fingers crossed that we'll be able to use charcoal at the main fire ring, but be prepared to use propane like last year.

If you are planning to compete in the cook-off sign up at the check in station any time up to 1500 on Saturday. After that I'll be moving to the main fire ring area and you can sign up there. Signing up is as easy as telling me what you're planning to cook and what your name and screen name is. I'll assign you a number and corresponding spot to place your dish. Numbered tins will be at each spot and the voting will be as in the past via tickets. One ,two, or three tickets for the dish/dishes you like best. And of course you can vote for yourself! The dish with the most votes wins!

If you're not competing but are contributing to the potluck, THANK YOU! We will have plenty of table space available for your dishes.

Tentative schedule:
1500-1630 Assemble at the Main Fire Ring to Start your cooking. Prep work can be done in your camp, but ALL COOKING MUST be done in the main area. Plan accordingly. If you need two hours to cook your dish make sure your starting early enough.

1630 Line opens up and the gluttony begins! If you leave hungry you aren't doing it right!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

i will make cobbler or something. as usual will not compete

Jacki says she's in to try. We are amateur Dutch oveners. We look forward to these as they give us ideas. Thanks for putting this on Stuart.

Brett C.
IronworksTactical.com - owner

Deanna and I are on the same boat. We've yet to break-in the one I bought awhile back!

Deanna and I are on the same boat. We've yet to break-in the one I bought awhile back!
This is the perfect environment. We try to cook something, other people have to eat whatever comes out and then we get to eat the good things other people who knew what they were doing made. (sarcasm)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Those food pics are amazing...Steve C. has been telling me about all of the Dutch deliciousness that surrounds these events...I'm in.

Own a Dutch oven that is still NIB...want to contribute (recipe research engaged) and absorb as much as I can with this event.

Thanks fellas...very much looking forward to this.

(Dave/Cris/Rich: I have an extra folding table we can bring for the foodie congo line if necessary...LMK)

This is my favorite part of these awesome events.. I'll contribute a side and eat all the good food...

I will definitely make a thing. Whether it's just a share for the potlock or I actually try to compete may depend a bit on the fire restrictions. I need to get brainstorming on a DO dish I can make without charcoal...

any dish will work with enough effort. Last year I made cobbler on the coleman stove using a snowpeak gigatorch for top heat. took 2 cans of butane, and my arm was sore from holding the can but it worked

With how fire seasons have been, it may be time to rig up a slowly rotating jig for that gigatorch so you don't have to hold it. Low rpm motor and an adjustable power supply and you're all set!

With how fire seasons have been, it may be time to rig up a slowly rotating jig for that gigatorch so you don't have to hold it. Low rpm motor and an adjustable power supply and you're all set!
Sounds like an annealing machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom