Portable, compact washing machine for extended travel.

TangoBlue

Adventurist
Senior Staff
Founding Member
I found this on the internet and I thought it was particularly clever piece of kit for the family that performs extended vehicle dependent travel. Little on the expensive side though at $319CAD. YiRego Drumi
65c8af_67a4941d31c54ca8ac2ddd5300de5aaf.png

I have seen things similar, and come close to buying a couple of them, but I just don't get to be out long enough to justify it.

I have seen things similar, and come close to buying a couple of them, but I just don't get to be out long enough to justify it.

+1

But, I can see the utility of this option on an extended, say 2 weeks or more, trip where you cannot carry enough clothes.

You also need to factor in drying time in camp, conditions permitting.

I have been wondering what to do with my own "personal delicates" on the road o_O

But seriously, I can't wait to be out long enough to justify one of these.

You can get 4 days out of a pair of chonies if you do it right...inside, outside, frontwards and backwards!

with the "No animals harmed in making this webpage" I assume the whole thing is a joke?

Seriously - the bucket with water and soap worked great on trips were I got to ride a lot and didn't want to bring 7 pairs of bike shorts and jerseys, in fact so well, I cut back on all cloths.
99088-042212podo.jpg

In pre-Flippac days, it rode under the kayak

709a2-042212podn.jpg

No, not a joke Jay, I take them at their word that they spared mammals from harm when constructing the web page. If you click on the hyperlink there are recommendations for apartment dwellers and I suppose other folks who don't have space for machines or for whom a bucket and water isn't sufficient. I can see where this would be handy for city dwellers or even for folks way out in the boondocks.

It's not for me, but I can see that element of the overlanding population who spend months or years on the road where this might be attractive as opposed to a rock and a stream, or even a laundromat.

For the length of trips I generally do I plan sufficient clothes. For longer times, I program in friends where I can stay at long enough to do a load, or the old standby, my trusty 6 gallon bucket. Push comes to shove... I've used a garbage bag before.

I do the bucket/soapy water thing but:
I put it in a friends Jeep with a lid: because they ride so rough it is like putting them in an agitator cycle on a washing machine and after an hour on the trail we hang them in the back of Jeep because it is so drafty they dry faster than in a my dryer at home.

This was a Joke... Dont get upset... I ride in leather and heated seats I dont know what I am talking about.

I do the bucket/soapy water thing but:
I put it in a friends Jeep with a lid: because they ride so rough it is like putting them in an agitator cycle on a washing machine and after an hour on the trail we hang them in the back of Jeep because it is so drafty they dry faster than in a my dryer at home.

This was a Joke... Dont get upset... I ride in leather and heated seats I dont know what I am talking about.

I was going to pile on with something like, "oh, if it's going in a Jeep there is such a thing as too clean," or "aren't you worried about all the suds that agitation is going to create?" :D

I travel with a +2 bucket of many things, and have found that my hi-lift jack makes an excellent agitator (just remove the actual jacking mechanism from the bar, re-attach the base and agitate away). Additionally, my pup's tie out cable works well as a clothes line. I usually carry 2-3 sets of clothes, and do laundry / bathe every 3-4 days while camping.

Its not rocket science. Dont over think it.

I'd love to have some kind of decent way to was clothes that I could pack away in a rucksack.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom