PLANNING: Western Road Trip 2013

BoldAdventure

Adventurist
I just posted up our Western Road Trip 2012 trip report, and this is going to be a follow up trip of sorts. We're in the very early stages of planning this trip. We are shooting for either the last week of Aug, possibly first week of September. And we're debating weather or not I'm going to take a full 12 days off of work this year. We shall see.

We'd like to revisit Canyon Lands and Capitol Reef, but I'd also like to explore some more alpine places in Colorado. So just curious if anyone knows of some alpine ORV trails in Colorado or Wyoming.

Especially if you know of anything near the Wind Rivers Range. I backpacked there in 2009, and I've been wanting to take my wife there. Thinking of maybe taking a couple days on foot.

Anyways, this is still in the very preliminary stages, but I wanted to get this up in as many places to get input from folks all over. :clang

Some great trails in the winds. I am in that area, the trails into Shoshone and Christina lakes are pretty tight for full size rigs, but there are lots of others. Lots of cool stuff in the bighorns too

Some great trails in the winds. I am in that area, the trails into Shoshone and Christina lakes are pretty tight for full size rigs, but there are lots of others. Lots of cool stuff in the bighorns too

We're smaller than a Tahoe but slightly bigger than a Grand Cherokee. About the size of a 4 door Jeep, just with better use of space.

I miss the Winds. Did some climbing near East Temple.

65213_10151461585513436_1918334647_n.jpg

Land cruiser. I know a cruiser can make it into Christina lake....but he got some rocker damage....

What are your dates for the trip, Mikekey? It matters for snowmelt and roads opening/closing above treeline.

I can definitely help with alpine drives in Colorado. Be out there myself in July!

What are your dates for the trip, Mikekey? It matters for snowmelt and roads opening/closing above treeline.

I can definitely help with alpine drives in Colorado. Be out there myself in July!

I think this has been canceled, he found out his wife is pregnant shortly after planning this.

Back
Top Bottom