planning another adventure

ArkansasDon

Adventurist
Sally & I are planning another overlanding camping trip for 4 days of dispersed camping. Were torn between Leatherwood Wilderness Area or Barkshed Sylamore both in the Ozark National Forest.
I pulled all the gear out of the trailer & will give the overland trailer a bath from our last trip. Then I'll restock our supplies & put all the gear back in the trailer for our up & coming adventure.

Now preparing for this storm coming in a few hours. So the washing of my trailer came to a hstop. When the tornado warning hits torcon of 7 w\ PDS issued warning (Particularly Dangerous Situation) this means there's a 70% chance of tornado's. This type of warning precaution is taken real serious. So I dropped what I was doing & I went down to the tornado hidie hole (our tornado shelter) & swept it out & made sure we have everything needed (storm bag: water, flash light, cell phone, snacks, small oil lantern & matches) at the back door of our home to take with us if we have to move to the shelter until this passes.
Spring time in the south with the dogwoods are in bloom & the tornado warnings are a guarantee.

032.JPG

034.JPG

039.JPG

045.JPG

well our plans for disperse camping & the locations we were wanting to go.... changed. My son wants to camp & asked if we would change our plans & go to Devils Fork Recreation Area with them. The US Army Corps of Engineers 30,000 acres of lake which serves as a playground for all kinds of water sports. Eighteen parks around the shoreline provide modern campgrounds, boat ramps, swimming areas, large pool, nature trails & marinas.
Personally that isn't my or my wife type of camping but my son's wife, the twins & his mother-in-law thinks camping is pulling your 2nd home. Andrews RV is a 28ft tongue pull with slide outs. My son.......he just aims to please them. His mother-in-law is one of those chronic grippers that will complains about everything, personally I believe the woman lost her vertical hold.

So out goes the privacy shelter, bush toilet, folding tables & extra water containers. Least they have dirt camp sites w\fire rings. So I need to finished washing my rig, towel it off.

By the way FYI, that Exped Mega Duo Self Inflating Mattress (extra long & extra wide) solved my problem. Awesome sleep, I left the deflate valve open & the RTT folds up nicely. We have a memory foam topper on it. Thanks for the direction of a mattress.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom