Picard

The new Star Trek show Picard debuted on the CBS All-Access subscription service last week. For a LIMITED time, the first episode is available for viewing in full for free on YouTube. Fans of STTNG should check it out before it disappears.

I also despise all these streaming services. It was predicted years ago by a tech journalist (don't recall who), as network speeds got faster and faster and the price when down that ultimately exclusive content would be the thing that would be charged for. I'm a big enough Star Trek fan that I've signed up for CBS All Access but as soon as Picard is done I'll cancel. I watched all of Star Trek Discovery by waiting until it was completely released and then signing up for the week trial and binging it all.

The show itself so far has been excellent. A few cringe worthy lines have made their way in, but it's just enough nostalgia and some amazing new additions to the universe. Loving it.

If you're a little creative you can stream it all for free. Just make sure you spyware is up to snuff.

I also despise all these streaming services. It was predicted years ago by a tech journalist (don't recall who), as network speeds got faster and faster and the price when down that ultimately exclusive content would be the thing that would be charged for. I'm a big enough Star Trek fan that I've signed up for CBS All Access but as soon as Picard is done I'll cancel. I watched all of Star Trek Discovery by waiting until it was completely released and then signing up for the week trial and binging it all.

The show itself so far has been excellent. A few cringe worthy lines have made their way in, but it's just enough nostalgia and some amazing new additions to the universe. Loving it.
Trekkie here watching the original series - yes, I was alive! Watched the first couple of episodes of the first of the Star Trek series that CBS moved to it's All Access, but wasn't impressed enough to subscribe. I pay too damn much for cable/internet/phone as it already is. I'm not subscribing and paying extra for ANY of the streaming services. Picard looks interesting, but not subscribing. Mandalorian looked interesting too, but not subscribing to Disney either!

Back
Top Bottom