Paying for fuel

$2.90 on base for 87 octane. I don't care how I pay for it, California sucks. Just a few hours away it costs half as much?

Only 2.5 more years until I can escape back to one of the free states.

Any less at the PX on base for you active duty military? Remember when we came home from Germany in '64 we 'loved' KMart because it reminded us of the PX! I was just a little Army brat back then...just a big brat now. :rolleyes:

Y'all made me rethink high cost of gas $1.54 at Murphy's for 89 in Memphis. Drove up to Owensboro ky this morning for a install it's $1.62 at bp.

We do this at Ralph's (grocery store).

I try to pay cash for everything as I can more easily track my expenditures since the transaction is "felt" vice swiping a card and never handling the money. If it's not in my wallet, I "don't have" the money. Dave Ramsey is rubbing off on me... Haha

My wife went to a Dave Ramsey thing here a couple years ago, she swears by him. And from looking at our joint savings it is working.
I do the same if I don't have cash in my pocket, I don't buy it. If I want something enough I save up for it. I don't do credit cards or finance anything. I rent out my first house to pay for my house now. Which is allowing us to save up for our log cabin out of this crazy city. Then I'll sale both houses and say goodbye to mortgage and debt.

My wife went to a Dave Ramsey thing here a couple years ago, she swears by him. And from looking at our joint savings it is working.
I do the same if I don't have cash in my pocket, I don't buy it. If I want something enough I save up for it. I don't do credit cards or finance anything. I rent out my first house to pay for my house now. Which is allowing us to save up for our log cabin out of this crazy city. Then I'll sale both houses and say goodbye to mortgage and debt.

Good luck! You could sell both those houses in Memphis, TN and not afford half of one of those houses out here in SoCal. Housing is a worse comparison than fuel!

Yeah I have a friend that works at Sun Studio, he moved here from Riverside(I think) and he was telling me the prices of houses there. Crazy expensive would be a understatement.

Yeah I have a friend that works at Sun Studio, he moved here from Riverside(I think) and he was telling me the prices of houses there. Crazy expensive would be a understatement.

And Riverside really isn't all that expensive for Southern California. I work in the home building industry, and million $ track homes on postage stamp lots in Orange County can't be built fast enough. Home builders are paying us to have our guys work Saturday and Sunday.

Years ago I had to turn down a job offer in CA simply due to the housing cost. We had recently bought a house here in UT, but the job was still pretty tempting. When I found out that to buy a comparable home in CA was nearly 3x what I paid for mine, on a lot a fraction of the size… That was reason alone to stay put. I like my space.

Years ago I had to turn down a job offer in CA simply due to the housing cost. We had recently bought a house here in UT, but the job was still pretty tempting. When I found out that to buy a comparable home in CA was nearly 3x what I paid for mine, on a lot a fraction of the size… That was reason alone to stay put. I like my space.

You are a smart man for that decision!

Bought my current house in '97. It's worth three times what I paid for it. I just don't know how my kids or just about anyone else will ever be able to afford to live here. Admittedly, I'm in south Orange County, so the prices are very, very high.

Even though it should be big news, you will never hear a news report here in CA that our gas prices are almost twice what the rest of the country is paying. We also have no idea where all that extra money is going except that Jerry Brown's new Budget of $177 billion is about twice what it was when he took office. Utopia has been attained!

Cam

Even though it should be big news, you will never hear a news report here in CA that our gas prices are almost twice what the rest of the country is paying. We also have no idea where all that extra money is going except that Jerry Brown's new Budget of $177 billion is about twice what it was when he took office. Utopia has been attained!

Cam
Sure we do Cam, it's paying for the oil and gas survey on his family property. :rofl

Nah - it's all going to his cronies building the bullet train to nowhere! Take the funds from that political boondoggle and put it into redesigning the aquaducts in and around LA to take rain (what rain) runoff to replenish the underground aquifers instead of running it out to the ocean. Wait...never mind, that would make sense. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom