Partner Steel Stoves

F250inTX

Adventurist
Nobody local seems to have a Partner Stove. I just purchased one from a group buy :) My question is for those of you that actually use one... If I'm just out for maybe a long weekend how long do they last with the 1 lb Canisters? I have and could bring a larger canister but would rather not. FYI mine is 22" 2 burner... Any input appreciated

Nobody local seems to have a Partner Stove. I just purchased one from a group buy :) My question is for those of you that actually use one... If I'm just out for maybe a long weekend how long do they last with the 1 lb Canisters? I have and could bring a larger canister but would rather not. FYI mine is 22" 2 burner... Any input appreciated

I've been looking at one as my old Coleman is on it's last leg. What do you think of it so far?

Never used a 1 pound canister with my Partner stove. In fact, I got the Partner stove to avoid using 1 pound canisters which I felt to be wasteful since they are not intended to be reused. Made more sense for my use to have a propane tank that is renewable or refilled. As you probably already know propane tanks come in a variety of sizes.

Same for me. I run a 5 lb cylinder with my PS. I did pickup and adapter to be able run green cylinders in a pinch though. I'm guessing you can certainly squeeze a weekend's worth of cooking out of one.

Yep run mine on a one gallon tank as well. Drove the UTBDR and half of IDBDR almost three weeks on the road and never refilled my one gallon tank.

TheCelt, sorry have not used it yet... just bought it on a Group Buy over on Expo Portal. This weekend will be my first trip with it :) I will let you know. I too have an older dual fuel Colman still usable was just time to update.

TheCelt, sorry have not used it yet... just bought it on a Group Buy over on Expo Portal. This weekend will be my first trip with it :) I will let you know. I too have an older dual fuel Colman still usable was just time to update.

Ok thanks.

Was not familiar with the 1 Gal tanks... may just go that route. I assume a lot smaller than the 5lb?

I use 1 lb cylinders with my Partner stove. One lasts several days of pretty serious cooking.

As for the cost, I refill them from my 20 lb cylinder. I do track how many times each has been refilled (kind of like brass for reloading :)). I have some that have been refilled 6 times - no leaks and working fine.

Worked great this weekend used my second 10 gal from my FWC. Son-in-Law making Charizo and eggs :) Brought an adapter for 1 lb but did not use.

Attachments

• chef.jpg
    chef.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73
Do you'll have the link to the group buy on Expo? Is it still going on... Don't have time to check right now and this will be my reminder:rolleyes: thanks.

Sorry I do not see the post he may have deleted it I am pretty sure the cutoff was last weekend. His user on Expo is MStudt

Last edited:
Where do you get a converter to use the partner steel stove with a 1 lb. canister?

Here's one from Amazon. It adapts a 1lb disposable to the normal OPD-regulator bulk-tank connection. It seems there are a lot of these of varying quality (biggest variable seems to be in the length of the valve pin on the disposable tank end being too long), so read some reviews. :D

Herbie, thanks for the info. I am going to be traveling cross country with my two dogs in my Outback. I will need every square inch for storage.

OK old thread but have a question. I tried , for first time, this weekend to use a 1 lb Coleman type canister on mt Partner 22" 2 burner. I used an adapter I purchased on the hose and regulator that came with stove. I see others have used the 1 lb with success. My setup just sputtered and pop and regulation of flame was impossible. Had to borrow friends 20lb to cook. Am I doing something wrong... is there anything else I need? redmondroger at att dot net if easier

Back
Top Bottom