Partner Steel Stoves?

100acre

Adventurist
Every time I see one I want it more, so besides the "look" what can y'all tell me about your stoves that will lean me in one direction or the other? They seem a bit pricey, are they worth it and why? Tanks, Dan

Every time I see one I want it more, so besides the "look" what can y'all tell me about your stoves that will lean me in one direction or the other? They seem a bit pricey, are they worth it and why? Tanks, Dan

Several features of this item out-weighed the competition in my mind Dan.

• Construction - it's built like a brick... ah... outdoors restroom facility.
  • Craftsmanship - from the latch system, bare aluminum construction, to "stack of dimes" welds.
  • Support, servicing, and replaceable parts - not that I've required any - are standard readily available gas burner components.
  • Preventice and Periodic Maintenance - after use, soap and water before you put it away.
  • Customizable - they can modify it any way you want with additional support bars on the grate, to a heat diffusing plate for smaller pots and gentle heat, to a special sized unit to match your project build.
  • Heat output - I refer to it as my "field microwave" it produces so much heat so quickly. I've even heated my Oz tent with it when it got wicked cold.
  • Compact - for its size its relatively compact compared to competing units.
  • Story about its origin - the company owner wanted to ensure he retained his skilled employees during theit winter off-season. Instead of laying them off they branched out into a totally different product line. Corporate responsibility - I'm for that and willing to support it with my personal treasure.
  • Made in the USA - Pocatello, Idaho. United States of America. Enough said.

It's my assertion that a Partner Stove will retain its value should you decide to sell it at some point, although I can't imagine why on earth you would do that. I see it as a legacy item that my children will enjoy, and when they give it to their children they will entertain my grandchildren with stories of how well travelled it is and of the meals their grandfather prepared on it.

I gotta have a grill top, and have never seen one on the PS stoves. Am I just missing it, or is it not available?

Sent from a mud puddle

Not available.

I use a Cadac Safari Chef attached to LP with a splitter run off the manifold of my LP tank. I've found this the best because it gives me a grill and additional stove top space to prepare more complicated meals at the same time.

I'll show it to you at the Appalachian Rendezvous Mike. :D

I hate my propane stove but have yet to pull the trigger on a better make and model. I need to do some investigation and checking out of others stove set-ups so I can remedy this situation.

Tim, that Cadac BBQ is way cool with the five different surfaces including a wok is super cool. It would also make a great item for home preparedness. And thanks for your input on Partner Steel.

Not available.

I use a Cadac Safari Chef attached to LP with a splitter run off the manifold of my LP tank. I've found this the best because it gives me a grill and additional stove top space to prepare more complicated meals at the same time.

I'll show it to you at the Appalachian Rendezvous Mike. :D

I too use a cadac safari grill... my dad bought it probably 20 years ago, and he gave it to me a few years back. It works awesome for any kind of cooking you can think of.

Next to my fridge my 18" PS is the 2nd best piece of kit I have.

We have been able to cook effectivly in 40+ MPH winds and in the rain.

I had a Partner 18" stove and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I ran it in rain, snow, hot, cold, and it never missed a beat. It's also built pretty simply so if you leave it out in the rain all you have to do is let it dry and you're good to go.

I also ran the Partner Griddle and was able to grill steaks, brats, and everything in-between. The only thing I would recommend is that you get an adapter so you can use larger propane tanks.

The only reason I got rid of mine is because I ordered the custom Partner Stove for my Adventure Trailer Drawers.

I have one and I love it. They are built solid and easy to maintain and work on. As far as I know, basically every single raft company that I know of, that rafts the Grand Canyon uses Partner Stoves exclusively. Most often serving 20+ people in one of the routinely harshest environments on gear on the planet for upwards of 20+ consecutive days. If that isn't a testament to dependability I don't know what is. :)

I was the lucky recipient of @dirtroadtrip used stove, it's still working great and is a lovely piece of kit.

The only drawback I can think of it that it is pretty darn heavy. I've been relatively happy with how long a single 1lb propane bottle will last, but have to admit I don't really like carrying them and wondering when they will run out. Our first stove was a Coleman Dual fuel, and I really love filling up the liquid fuel before a trip and knowing we'd have enough for 4-5 days. And it's a bit more exact to know how much you have left. But the Partner is a far superior unit.

The griddle is pretty handy, it has cooked up some of the best ribeye I've ever had!

DSC_0165-Copy_zps826bc03d.jpg

Questions..what size to get, how many grill supports, what would be your custom build and for what purpose besides cooking(Duh)? What were your options that you chose and why? Thanks

I have the same in the previous posted picture above, including the grill. The only thing you might want to add that is "aftermarket" would be a cast iron heat diffusion disk since the temperature is difficult to control at low temp.

Thanks Tim. What size is that one in the picture above? I'd had to look up the cast iron heat diffusion disk . I had no idea what it was. Are they all ceramic on top? Do you prefer one with or without a hole in the center?
do you recommend the wind screens like on the Coleman stoves?

I like my 18-inch stove with wind screens - you have the option to fold it down out of the way, weather conditions permitting. That also appears to be the one featured above. The discs I've seen in cooking catalogues are sometimes ceramic or porcelain coated... machts nichts... as long as it diffuses the intense heat of the burned or slower cooking/gentle heat. Holes would seem to defeat the purpose of mitigating the heat to me...

Mine pictured above is the 2 burner 18" model. I really like it, the photo above shows the griddle being used without foil which makes for a bit of a mess to clean up. On our recent 2.5 week trek across OR, ID and UT we used the griddle a lot with Al foil on top making cleanup much easier. It is also best to pre-heat the griddle, this does a really good job at spreading out the heat - it is still a bit warmer directly over the burners, but 5-10' of preheating allows the griddle to cook more evenly.

If you are going custom, you can have the propane attachment put on either side you like, and you can ask for more grates in the top. I would probably get a few more grates but other than that am happy with it how it is. The photo above shows the lid folded back down. You can put the lid up and use the windscreens if needed, but it's quick and easier to fold the whole thing over if it's not windy out.

We have an 18-inch two-burner model as well, and it's excellent. I've used the three-burner but didn't really see the need for it.

So it looks like everyone is leaning towards the 18" stove. Do any of the forum sponsors here at AAV sell or have rights to sell the Partner steel cook stoves? If not is there anyone y'all would recommend? I noticed the PS website doesn't post pricing, do they sell directly to the public or do I need to go through a dealer? Thanks

I Googled it at the time and searched for dealers... I think you'll have the best luck to do the same. River outfitter companies seem to have the best inventory.

Back
Top Bottom