Overland Expo East: Official Thread

The Overland Expo and the American Adventurist ... Outstanding partnering!!

Good luck on both of your East Coast ventures. You've knocked it out of the park in the West; so look out East Coast!!

Thanks for the kind remarks Jerry!

mtnbike28, I Think you can attend any demos, seminars, venders, roundtables and the driving challenge/ obstacle course/ driving experience. I am there for the whole thing and in the registration part of the classes, I remember where the "experience" participants are reminded that day and weekend pass folks are able to attend the above, but Not the actual classes. so with that as you read the schedule, look to see what "kind" of an event it is. If I am wrong on this, please someone correct me. I know there was ALOT more to do than I possibly sign up for for 3 days attending 6-8 "events" day. I also think you you are camping you get to attend the evening events like movies/films, etc. Hope this helped and didn't make it worse.

Freddo, I am camping next to you..........You have everything except palm trees and a swimming pool.......
gonna feel out of place with my old pickup, hammock and rusted out cooler.....lol.

If anyone is interested in heading to Expo EAST and needs a day pass, as a supporting vendor of the event we have TWO passes available. Let me know if you're interested and we'll hook you up. We'll be at spot L-6 next week so please stop by to say hello, pick-up a subscription (if you don't already have one), get a complimentary copy of our latest issue or purchase a t-shirt or back issue. It'd be great to see anyone/everyone while there!

Besides helping with setup on Wednesday and break down on the following Monday, I'm volunteering at HQ on Thursday for check in services. I look forward to meeting everyone coming whom I don't already know, so please introduce yourselves so I know who the AA people are and maybe I'll be able to direct y'all to the AA hangout/group camp. I'll be wearing my American Adventurist T-shirt. Dan

Awesome Dan! Perhaps it will be warm enough to sport your AAV T-shirt? Hint, hint.

Will there be enough real estate available to establish an AAV garrison?

Awesome Dan! Perhaps it will be warm enough to sport your AAV T-shirt? Hint, hint.

Will there be enough real estate available to establish an AAV garrison?

I'm not entirely sure how that will work out as I've not yet been to the venue. I am arriving on Tuesday and with permission I may be able to rope off an area for the group. Is there any requests to the size of area we might require? I will of course try to get the shady edges. Lemme know what you need and I will see what I can do. Dan

Just curious if anyone has heard what the "Happy Hour" entails. Just drinks or drinks and food...trying to plan out the menu for the weekend. Eric

Just curious if anyone has heard what the "Happy Hour" entails. Just drinks or drinks and food...trying to plan out the menu for the weekend. Eric

The happy hours generally feature drinks only. Rarely someone will also offer some sort of nosh but it goes really quickly. I'd plan on a meal for Friday and Saturday night.

Note from Roseann Hanson today about group camps... only 5 groups have coordinated with OX East leadership for group camping real estate, including us. Message follows:

"Hello all,

I understand you are organizing for your group camps at the show.

Billy Taylor and his crew will be directing you to your sites.

The large Land Rover contingent will be above the Land Rover staging area, so it will look very cool!

The smaller groups will be directed where Billy decides works best, depending on your numbers.

Thanks for organizing. Be sure to have one person as Point of Contact and that person gets there first and directs the others in by cell phone is best.

Be sure all in your group reads the hours and arrival information. Remember the gate locks at 7 pm.

Once you are checked in, there is a private exit / entrance for after hours."

Dan... this primarily applies to you since you volunteered to be there for Expo set-up on Wednesday and to identify some real estate for right coast AAV-ers; congratulations Mr. POC.

I have the AAV banner (that you saw in Flagstaff) for you to erect at the site to aid location identification which I will turn over to you Thursday at approximately 1400 when I expect to check in. I anticipate a minimum of 20, to up around 30 vehicles.

Thanks on the happy hour info Tango.

I know there is a group of FJ Cruisers (SEFJCruisers.com) that have been working on a "coordinated" camping area. I'll be in the area around lunchtime Thursday.

Eric
KK4ZHT

We're planning to be there around 5:00 or 6:00 on Friday. We'll be in a white FJ60 pulling a trailer. Would love to set up in the AAV area if possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok I picked out an area up near the land rover course. No mud, or dust and nice shade for those of you whom get here early. It's kind of at the beginning of the back "40" , but not too far from the excitement. Roseanne already gave her okay for our group area.

This place is huge and really nice. In case anybody doesn't know or didn't read the rules and regs, there is to be NO FIRES, except for a couple in designated areas, one of which will be near the AAV AO, nor will there be any charcoal grills allowed. So pack accordingly and bring only propane and or white gas stoves if'n you want a hot meal. There are some skeeters a buggin and Friday looks like 80% chance of rain. All other days the weather is looking beautiful. I look forward to meeting all of you folks. Be safe. Be well and see you shortly.

Last edited:
Ok I picked out an area up near the land rover course. No mud, or dust and nice shade for those of you whom get here early. It's kind of at the beginning of the back "40" , but not too far from the excitement. Roseanne already gave her okay for our group area.

This place is huge and really nice. In case anybody doesn't know or didn't read the rules and regs, there is to be NO FIRES, except for a couple in designated areas, one of which will be near the AAV AO, nor will there be any charcoal grills allowed. So pack accordingly and bring only propane and or white gas stoves if'n you want a hot meal. There are some skeeters a buggin and Friday looks like 80% chance of rain. All other days the weather is looking beautiful. I look forward to meeting all of you folks. Be safe. Be well and see you shortly.

Goodonya Dan and thank you! That sounds like an ideal location.

Do we need to reserve a place with the AAV site? Terri and I will be arriving Thursday and would like to join up with you guys.

-Andy

Do we need to reserve a place with the AAV site? Terri and I will be arriving Thursday and would like to join up with you guys.

-Andy

You absolutely do Andy... how would you like to pay for that? We accept MC, VISA, and Discover. Sorry, no AMEX... ;D

Seriously, Dan is scouted and secured a group site for AAV but it is first come first served - that's out of our control. Thursday afternoon we should have the banner up so look for that or look for my truck (after 1400 Thursday).

There's plenty O' room up here in shantytown. When following the road out back past the lake don't turn left at the power lines, go a little bit further then turn left and you will see a Camping banner on your right. I'm just past it on the right between a couple of Maple trees.

Can someone bring me some inexpensive brown mustard. No yellow please. Tanks, Dan

- - - Updated - - -

I love Chemtrails in the morning, it smells like..........

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    702 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    892 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    870.9 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    969.9 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    849.8 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    614.9 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    870.6 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    686.6 KB · Views: 90
Thanks for the update and pics. Brown mustard - check.

How's cell reception?

Back
Top Bottom