Overland Expo East: Official Thread

100acre

Adventurist
Overland Exposition East 2014

So who among you will be attending the overland expo in Asheville NC at the beginning of October in 2014?

I'll be there!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be there. Had to move my tickets from West to East to get truck closer to being finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to go to this and the AR but alas the football schedule of the Tennessee Volunteers is in conflict with the Expo.... So maybe next year... Hope to see you at the AR, though!

Football??? That's like Dancing with the Stars! Come hang out and learn some valuable skills....

Football??? That's like Dancing with the Stars! Come hang out and learn some valuable skills....

Yeah, I'd like to see some tackles on dancing with the "stars"... :bonk

Football and baseball are the only two sports worth watching :stir

I was going to go to this and the AR but alas the football schedule of the Tennessee Volunteers is in conflict with the Expo.... So maybe next year... Hope to see you at the AR, though!
Another Vols fan! Did you go to school there or just a fan? I went to school there for a year, lived in Hess Hall, then joined the Navy.

Ill be there camping by myself this time. Let me know if any one wants to meet up and camp together.

This is your first Expo, right? No worries, you absolutely won't be camping alone! Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for the AAV banner.

Overland Exposition East 2014

This is your first Expo, right? No worries, you absolutely won't be camping alone! Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for the AAV banner.

Yes it is my first expo! Good to hear there will be plenty of y'all there can't wait to meet y'all in person.

Come say hi if y'all see me out there I'll be in the F-150 with the RTT

amu3uqas.jpg

I am new to this forum,My name is Mike and I am from Lake Lanier, GA. . but will be attending the expo from thurs to monday. would like to meet anyone from this forum who will be attending. I have two adventure rigs, but will probably only bring the old chevy and leave the 1956 power wagon at home. dont want to show up all those rovers...lol.
are you guys planning on having a group area/campsite or just catch up at some point during the event. If a group area is the plan, has anyone decided on a spot? And is anyone else going to be there mid day Thurs?

I am new to this forum,My name is Mike and I am from Lake Lanier, GA. . but will be attending the expo from thurs to monday. would like to meet anyone from this forum who will be attending. I have two adventure rigs, but will probably only bring the old chevy and leave the 1956 power wagon at home. dont want to show up all those rovers...lol.
are you guys planning on having a group area/campsite or just catch up at some point during the event. If a group area is the plan, has anyone decided on a spot? And is anyone else going to be there mid day Thurs?

I'll be there. Look for my truck...

CIMG1114.jpg

Just kidding :D

I'll be there Thursday but this is all new real estate for us - we have no dedicated camp planned. I'll also be working at the event as an instructor for vehicle recovery so maybe we'll run into each other. Look for something like this...

IMAG0176.jpg

TangoBlue, I am signed up for "vehicle recovery using a winch" on Friday morning. Are you the instructor for this? If so, can I get the notes and test questions now so I can "study"????? lol. I will post some pics of my "trucks" when I get back from Fly In and read "how to post pics" for 4,000,000,000,000 time if it sinks in. My power wagon is similar to red one but everything is bigger, except interior space. lol. I am still working on both trucks, but will be in my 1988 (squarebody) chevy 1 ton dually 4x4 standard cab dually with topper set up for camping and hauling the power wagon. I may have my yamaha big wheel as a "pit bike" with me as well. working on a way to hang my hammock from my truck as "we cannot tie anything to the trees" on the property. Maybe we should plan some of our meals as a small group to help with provisioning as we get closer.

Nice rig and set up by the way........ love the yotas.

TangoBlue, I am signed up for "vehicle recovery using a winch" on Friday morning. Are you the instructor for this? If so, can I get the notes and test questions now so I can "study"????? lol. I will post some pics of my "trucks" when I get back from Fly In and read "how to post pics" for 4,000,000,000,000 time if it sinks in. My power wagon is similar to red one but everything is bigger, except interior space. lol. I am still working on both trucks, but will be in my 1988 (squarebody) chevy 1 ton dually 4x4 standard cab dually with topper set up for camping and hauling the power wagon. I may have my yamaha big wheel as a "pit bike" with me as well. working on a way to hang my hammock from my truck as "we cannot tie anything to the trees" on the property. Maybe we should plan some of our meals as a small group to help with provisioning as we get closer.

Nice rig and set up by the way........ love the yotas.

Yes, I will be teaching that along with Scott Fields our host for the Appalachian Rendezvous. You signed up for that too, right? ARV attendees usually get top marks in the class from what I hear. The ones that don't sign-up, [molar suck] well, it doesn't bode well for them - just sayin'. ;)

I want to hear more about the fly-in. This would be worth visiting and worthy of a story of its own right... ahem, OutdoorX4, ahem. This certainly is OVER-Landing - literally.

- - - Updated - - -

Will be attending.

ademeqap.jpg

And the Appalachian Rendezvous, too? I mean if you can't that's fine, I just wouldn't expect to find your tires unslashed from the Expo - pretty rough crowd there I hear. :D

LOL- Family, you know. Things get complicated. Trying to get a business off the ground, deciding on private school for the children, out of country travel. Budgeting time and money is a non stop thing.

Thats it though. after this coming weeks orders, will be purchasing the tickets

Oh, and , dated many models/ actress types, do not want eeeeeever again....

LOL- Family, you know. Things get complicated. Trying to get a business off the ground, deciding on private school for the children, out of country travel. Budgeting time and money is a non stop thing.

Thats it though. after this coming weeks orders, will be purchasing the tickets

Oh, and , dated many models/ actress types, do not want eeeeeever again....

We'll be happy to see you there.

I understand. After 35 years of marriage, next time I marry for money instead of beauty... :rolleyes:

didn't get too many pics or videos but this is what I got. Want to see what they can really do watch a video on youtube called "dead stick takeoff". The aircraft are mostly homebuilt kits by Just Aircraft and are the Highlander and the Super STOL.
Here a quick video I shot with my gopro. It is the owner of the Just Aircraft company showing off his super Stol that has over 2300 hours I think.
[video=youtube_share;A6ELwqzhzbk]http://youtu.be/A6ELwqzhzbk[/video]

and a pic early sat morning before bfast
9.1.2014 1248.jpg
9.1.2014 1265.jpg

Back
Top Bottom