Overland Expo East 2018

Chris Griggers

Adventurist
Author
Thanks to American Adventurist, I have now been fortunate enough to attend my third Overland Expo East event.  Surprisingly, each one just happened to be the first at each location: the Taylor Ranch, the Biltmore Estate, and now the Reeb Ranch.  This event has grown beyond belief, I can remember the first Expo East with maybe 20 vendors at Taylor Ranch… fast forward to 2018 with over 154 vendors and it’s easy to see that Overland Expo has already outgrown this beautiful new venue, tucked away within the Blue Ridge Mountains south of Asheville, North Carolina.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”7339″ img_size=”full”][vc_media_grid grid_id=”vc_gid:1546370769197-841f02f0-fc76-4″ include=”7332,7333,7334″][vc_column_text]If the 2018 event had a theme, it would have been “improvise, adapt and overcome” due to Mother Nature making sure that this would be one of the more memorable Expos on record. Benjamin Franklin said it best – “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail”...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, Overland Expo East was my first event. Despite being new to Overlanding I had an excellent time. Years of canoe camping, sleeping on my sailboat, and camping from Cape Hatteras to Maine with 3 kids at all times of the year did prepare me for the event. I did the Overland Premiere with all the classes and learned more about being in the adventure lifestyle than I could have on my own. Yes there was mud and rain but what about the experience. It reminded me of the old saying that another person told me at the event. "There is no such thing as bad whether if you have the right gear". A good pair of waterproof boots goes along way. I am going to Overland West in May 2019 and can not wait. The event was also about the people, I never met a group of the most friendly, willing to share information and pleasant people in my travels. Looking forward to the Appalachian Rendezvous coming up this year. Thanks

Hello, Overland Expo East was my first event. Despite being new to Overlanding I had an excellent time. Years of canoe camping, sleeping on my sailboat, and camping from Cape Hatteras to Maine with 3 kids at all times of the year did prepare me for the event. I did the Overland Premiere with all the classes and learned more about being in the adventure lifestyle than I could have on my own. Yes there was mud and rain but what about the experience. It reminded me of the old saying that another person told me at the event. "There is no such thing as bad whether if you have the right gear". A good pair of waterproof boots goes along way. I am going to Overland West in May 2019 and can not wait. The event was also about the people, I never met a group of the most friendly, willing to share information and pleasant people in my travels. Looking forward to the Appalachian Rendezvous coming up this year. Thanks

Thank you for coming out.

Great feedback! Thanks for stopping by and for following up here with us - see you at Appalachian Rendezvous!

:home

Glad you where able to have a good time and meet some awesome folks! Looking forward to seeing you at Appalachian Rendezvous.

Back
Top Bottom