Overland Expo East 2017

Thanks @Jonathan Hanson - I for one am really looking forward to this event.

I've attended every Expo West since the first iteration in Amado, AZ (after the inaugural fairground Expo) and always look forward to the big family reunion. This will be my first Expo East and I look forward to using this event as a yearly springboard to other destinations in the East.
Wow, Dave's coming here...Maybe I will attend after all.

He's within striking distance coming from Chi-Town now.
It's only about a nine hour drive to Chicago from here. Once you get there, it takes about 4 hours to drive across town. I wish Sue was closer....and the Field Museum. I once saw the Grateful Dead perform there at Soldier Field.

Last edited:
Our hosts at Uwharrie Off Road Training Center (UORTC) have graciously arranged for us to change the schedule for the Appalachian Rendezvous to the weekend prior to Overland Expo East in Asheville, NC.

For those planning to also attend Overland Expo East, UORTC offers Rendezvous guests free camping on their grounds for those choosing to stay a little longer to take advantage of the bounty of North Carolina.

Overland Expo may also offer special bargains for attendees as well.

Mark your calendars for 22-24 September 2017 and join us for the same great event tracks as last year and maybe a couple more surprise special classes. Keep watching the forum for a dedicated American Adventurist 2017 Appalachian Rendezvous thread.

Our hosts at Uwharrie Off Road Training Center (UORTC) have graciously arranged for us to change the schedule for the Appalachian Rendezvous to the weekend prior to Overland Expo East in Asheville, NC.

For those planning to also attend Overland Expo East, UORTC offers Rendezvous guests free camping on their grounds for those choosing to stay a little longer to take advantage of the bounty of North Carolina.

Mark your calendars for 22-24 September 2017 and join us for the same great event tracks as last year and maybe a couple more surprise special classes. Keep watching the forum for a dedicated American Adventurist 2017 Appalachian Rendezvous thread.

Is this sharable information or shall we wait for an official proclamation through AA channels. I have a cadre of cohorts on the east coast who are awaiting confirmation of dates.

On a related note... I guess I need to re-plan Vol 2 of my book trip for the fall. Going to be a tough squeeze but I think I can make it work.

Flapsplatter! I really wanted to attend Uwharrie this year but am now gonna be ranch sitting in Colorado all of September and October!

Anyone driving up from SoFl? Starting out on the Wed before, since we are starting in the Florida Keys. First day 600 miles to Florida/Georgia and then Asheville on Thursday. Staying in/on the Expo camp site. Convoy of two so far....

Since I did not attend last year's East expo at the Biltmore maybe somebody can answer this for me. Someone told me that when you go to the Biltmore for the expo that you not only have to pay the expo price to get in but you also have to pay the Biltmore to get in. Is this correct, and if so how much more does one need to pay to attend the event?

My understanding was that last you did indeed need ticket onto the estate and also a ticket to the event... But it seems this year if I read the little cart correctly, the ticket onto the estate is included. (You will need to confirm this for yourself)

I thinking I will show up for Saturday, will I see you there?

Back
Top Bottom