Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2017

Chad

Adventurist
Editor
I feel confident in saying that there is more to see at Outdoor Retailer (OR) Summer Market than one can see in the few short days allotted to the show.  Summer Market completely fills the Salt Palace Convention Center, two massive ‘pavilion’ tents, and the parking lots and lawns within walking distance.  From the big names in the outdoor industry with their massive booths that take up more space than my house to the start-up companies with the ink still drying on their business cards, many, many brands are at the show to show off their latest and greatest—and there isn’t enough time to see it all.
Adventure Travel is continuing to make an impact in the outdoor industry, and more and more brands are starting to offer gear that you would expect to see at Overland Expo.  Big names like Thule are starting to offer gear like awnings, and more and more folks are quick to nod in understanding at the mention of...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like some great stuff. I am picturing the ram track with the curved ends mounted to my dash with mounts for the cell phone and tablet

Man I'm I glad I read about this here! It saved me an empty bank account, and owning LOT'S of really KOOL stuff! BUT Seriously, I'm Googling the Thule awning right now!

From what I can see that Thule awning looks great...and that's coming from someone with a dog in this fight. I'd love to see it in person.

From what I can see that Thule awning looks great...and that's coming from someone with a dog in this fight. I'd love to see it in person.
I'd love to see it in person also!
Tell me about "Your Dog"!:dog

Or I'll have to make my own, and as usual it will know doubt weight too much and cost more than a store bought one.:D

Tell me about "Your Dog"!:dog
Equipt is a client, so naturally I want Eezi-Awn to win (which isn't hard since the quality is there).

Or I'll have to make my own, and as usual it will know doubt weight too much and cost more than a store bought one.:D
No doubt. With even the quality basic awnings in the $200-300 range, it'd be tough to make that for less unless it's just a tarp, poles, and guylines.

I'm in the same boat. I loved the awning I had on the Disco, but the Disco is such an odd vehicle I have to build something custom to get what I want (a 4.5' x 4.5' freestanding rear-mounted awning with walls). No one makes anything even remotely close.

Great coverage of the show! VERY good trade show images. I know how hard it is to get good ones. While many of the products were already covered in your post, you can find a few others I spotted around the show here: http://www.exploringelements.com/the-best-of-summer-or-show-2017/

Back
Top Bottom