Our new (to us) Sportsmobile

Great combo the Agile RIP & Arb compressor, that will help you keep your sanity on washboard roads. Keep up the good work.

Front bumper is looking good. The locking storage will hold the winch and recovery gear. The rear will also gave a lot of storage.

F539CF92-5443-4012-83A1-E3D616AB643C.jpeg

6093ABE6-C593-4F56-B774-A2514CA1AEAB.jpeg

Not yet, other than the trip back from VA. when we purchased it. We've been using most of our vacation time for overseas travel, since we won't be able to afford that after retirement. 2016 we went to Ireland for a month, and rented a Wicked Camper Van. Did the same last summer in Europe. In March we spent 10 days in Grenada and Trinidad Tobago. This is going to be our full time house after we retire.

Here’s an update on the rear bumper. I love his design of using bushings on the bottom and heim joints on the top for adjustment.

Beginning to think that unloading my truck/camper combo and considering a van is an option.

Another update. This guy is brilliant!!! The spot on the door had already been highly reinforced since it was part of the original spare tire mount, so he repurposed it. There has been more gussetting done since these videos, and levers will be added to the latches so they’re not a pita to reach.

Alan, I assume this guy is local to you? Think he could / would build a same type setup for my F250? Issue is I have the FWC in it has no tailgate or whatever to fasten to in the center :( I'm looking at Aluminess but that is site unseen and I have to install.

Yes he’s local to me. I’d contact him at deviantcustomsllc@gmail.com, and ask if he’d be interested. His name is Jared Bratcher. I don’t know how long he would need your truck though. My van has been there several months, but I knew that would be the case going into it. On a project like this, with lots of design and engineering it takes a while, and my truck isn’t the only one there. It was a 3 month wait to get it in, but that’s the way it is with the good ones around here.

The bumpers are out of powder coat and installed. This is turning out great. There is still some plumbing and wiring to do, and sliders are still to be built. The swing arm video was for my wife. Having easy to use latches was very important to her. Please don’t take any thing said as a dig on Aluminess. I had their bumpers on my FJ Cruiser and really liked them. My wife never liked the latches though. They are kind of a pain to use.

88F24CCD-21E9-4DA0-8AD7-E874D0EBDBA7.jpeg

7AD47EE4-4E95-4B55-B1A8-288BAF069D51.jpeg

49A16836-060A-403D-BC4F-DBA766052D62.jpeg

CD2DAA06-86FA-424D-97D3-A59EA3C36AF5.jpeg

41F702C1-3ED0-4EDD-8A44-D6B7CBFB0E75.jpeg

Got the van back today. I can’t tell you guys how pleased I am with it. The bumpers turned out great and it handles so much better with the Agile RIP kit. I’ll be taking it back in a month to get the sliders done and have home make any adjustments from the shakedown. Hopefully I’ll get the awning installed this weekend.

DD50C2AC-DC07-4B47-9D08-DB747361EBC5.jpeg

6252258F-3D76-42B4-BB08-10BFB95CFFD7.jpeg

B0A6690D-2835-4788-A6B4-5B54C8FA432C.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s another video. I can’t say enough how much I love the work Jared did on this. The swing arms are so much easier to use than on the Aluminess bumper that was on my FJ Cruiser. We took it to Arkansas for a shake down cruise last weekend. It’s pretty cool to pull in, take out a couple of folding chairs and have camp set up. We did have an invasion of walking sticks though. It was kind of creepy. They were everywhere. And no the winch hook won’t stay there. I’m waiting on my factor 55 thimble.

Last edited:
Love this build. A well done sportsmobile, especially on the e350 platform checks all my boxes. Bumpers and all looking great.

Back
Top Bottom