Our minimalist Phoenix Pop-up

kpherzog

Adventurist
We picked up our custom-made Phoenix Pop-up from Coyote RV in Denver this spring, after a long 2+ years of planning and construction. Robbie did his usual great job on the build and we are very happy with the result.

We did not want a tiny truck-born house. We camp outside, and wanted the truck camper to provide secure & convenient storage and a dry place to sleep. There is only one small built-in cabinet and no built-in stove, icebox, sink or water tankage. We do not cook inside the camper. Our kitchen gear is contained in two milk-crate size boxes, which keeps it dry, dust-free and portable. The boxes are easily lifted out and used with the external camper-mounted shelf, or carried to a campground picnic table, or even into a motel room.

The bed is Queen-size and oriented so each person can get in and out without disturbing the other. There is a full 38" of sitting headroom over the mattress when the top is up, and of course full standing headroom elsewhere.

I have a couple of PDF files with the complete drawings and specifications that we sent to Coyote RV available if anyone is interested in the details. Just e-mail me and I will send them along (6MB worth). kpherzog(at)yahoo(dot)com

2018 Ram 1500 Tradesman 4x4
Hemi V8 engine, 8-speed Automatic
Timbren SES Upgrade
Les Schwab Wild Country Trail 4SX Tires
IMG_4577_Cropped_Shrunk.jpg
2018 Custom Phoenix Pop-up Camper

Back
Top Bottom