One Year Today

ArkansasDon

Adventurist
One year ago today I finished my chemo treatments for non hodgkin's lymphoma. I went from every quarter for CT Scans @ 1st to every 6 months for CT Scans to CT Scan once a year now.

Today I decided to treat myself to a good ol' southern BBQ with all the fixin's. BBQ Smoked low & slow Beef Tri Tip Roast, BBQ Smoked Pit Baked Beans, BBQ Smoked Beef Texas Sausage, Southern Sweet Corn Pudding & Cucumber Tomato Onion Salad trying a new vinegar by Robust Olive white balsamic vinegar infused with Honey & Ginger.
I have the Red Box BBQ Smoker set up with the pit controller, just have to load it with charcoal & mesquite chunks for 7 hour cook @ 225 degrees. Tri Tip is seasoned, beautiful morning watching the wife head to work. I'm blessed to live in the foothills of the Ozarks. Grand day for sure.

10am & meat & beans are in the BBQ pit, the pit controller is maintaining the inside pit temperature, the fat from the Tri Tip Roast will start to render & drip into the BBQ Beans, the smoke from the Mesquite chunks will infuse in the beans too.

SAM_3373.JPG
SAM_3369.JPG
SAM_3381.JPG
SAM_3379.JPG
SAM_3382.JPG

sat out on the back deck, having a Bloody Mary & enjoying the 70 degree weather this afternoon. Sure was good. BBQ Smoked this Tri Tip like a brisket, made Southern Sweet Corn Pudding, BBQ Pit Smoked Baked Beans, Texas Beef Sausage & Cucumber, Tomato Onion Salad with Honey Ginger Dressing
SAM_3389.JPG
SAM_3396.JPG
SAM_3392.JPG
SAM_3387.JPG

Back
Top Bottom