Old School photos

This one just came across Facebook of my Father in Laws Jeep in Azusa Canyon

81be364e5c0b5ff4e0639324f1f4889d.jpg

IMG_2333.JPG

Polaroid from one of my folks albums...circa 1964, Death Valley NP.

This was taken before they were married...and was my dad's idea of a "car date." ;)

We were definitely a Coleman family...even before we were a family. :D

Ran across this old pic of my families road trip to the Grand Canyon.. 29-30 years ago or so... That's me in the front seat and my Dad on the cooler.. which he still has.

Scan.jpg

I think that is the badlands...

Ok I'll pull maps and get it started. I know the first camp just south of havasu to start from. Then its Alamo valley east

This was done with pretty fast vehicles so it might take a couple days

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We will need to make it across the big sandy and that might be interesting in heavy rigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ran across this old pic of my families road trip to the Grand Canyon.. 29-30 years ago or so... That's me in the front seat and my Dad on the cooler.. which he still has...

At first glance, that sounds like something from the WAY BACK machine,...then I think what I was doing then and it doesn't seem like that long ago. I thought getting old would take longer.

The pics of the jeep stuck in the snow is the sort of thing I used to do fairly regularly. I started digging the snow from under the frame and wheels of my Willys PU once, I stopped when I was about 3 feet below the tire and it was still snow. All I had for a shovel was one of the old folding army shovels. I put it all back and made a sort of platform of 1x6-6' boards id found at a camp spot. I made about 6' of progress at a time driving out to solid ground replacing boards under the tires. I think it was about a 6 hour project to get out that time.

Great pictures everyone!

Back
Top Bottom