not a tear drop!

New meter to monitor 12 volt power usage:

With fridge running on shore power>
meter.jpg

with fridge running on 12 volts:
meter2.jpg

Last edited:
After installing the new meter in the trailer I found the old solar panel just wasn't cutting it any more so I bought two 100W panels. I only connected one to the charge controller. Here are the readings at about 7pm last night and 9am today. The fridge was set to about 35 degrees and ran all night on battery power.
11.jpg

I will see how much the battery charges today with the fridge running on one panel. As can be seen the fridge used about 345Wh of energy which is a little over 26 amp hours for about 14 hours run time with the temps in the mid 70's over night. today it is forecast to be about 110!

The bottom shot is with the fridge running and the solar panel in the sunlight. The fridge is not using any battery power at all and the battery voltage is going up!

New steps! I finaly got tired of the big clunky wooden steps and got a set of deployable ones. They do impact the exit angle but I have found I don't take this extreme places anyway.

old wooden steps:

20170830_153321.jpg

New steps folded up:

20170830_153225.jpg

New steps deployed:

20170830_153239.jpg

Well it happened. First time out with the new steps they got ripped off on the rough road I was on. Back to the old wooden ones.

I would fab a bracket and use detent pins. You could attach once stopped at camp. The bracket would be simple. Much lighter than your wood steps

18AB524E-3F78-40F9-9316-E18802A52EAE.png

The problem is I didn't want to have to have a detachable step in the first place. The wood steps are lighter than those two step folding ones. I just bought a folding step stool that I will use for traveling and use the wooden ones when base camping for a longer time.

it's already lifted! axle on top of the springs. It's just that any rear step will hang down, the rear is about 22" from the ground when level on level ground.

it's already lifted! axle on top of the springs. It's just that any rear step will hang down, the rear is about 22" from the ground when level on level ground.
do you mean the springs are sitting on the axle?. what you described the axle sits on the spring & you wouldn't increase height that way.

Back
Top Bottom