Nikon D7100 help

woody

Adventurist
Hi I'm more than a little challenged trying to get my D7100 set up to do bracket exposures. Anyone local in San Diego area that can help?

I'm about 3000 miles away but maybe I can help. If you look by the 7100 label on the front of the camera body you will see a little button just to the left (of just closer to to the lens) that says BKT this is the bracket activation button. You hold this button down and use your roller to set your brackets.

Did this help you?

Thanks, I'll try later tonight. Any suggestions on exposure differences? I've heard 3 shots 1 normal, 1 over by 2 and 1 under by 2?

I'm not familiar with the 7100, but Natchez's instructions are generally solid for most recent Nikon cameras. I usually do +1 over, +2 over, 0 and the same under.

Thanks, hopefully I'll be able to contribute more pics of a better quality. Thank God for digital or I'd be broke

You and I are in the same boat woody.. we just got a d5300 and it looks cool, but it intimidates me lol...

I've had a Canon EOS Rebel XT for years...I can take pictures with it...marginal at best...I've discovered that getting it out of the bag is the first step to taking any kind of picture!

My camera/lenses need a thorough cleaning, any recommendations for a San Diego camera shop that might do such work?

I've had a Canon EOS Rebel XT for years...I can take pictures with it...marginal at best...I've discovered that getting it out of the bag is the first step to taking any kind of picture!

My camera/lenses need a thorough cleaning, any recommendations for a San Diego camera shop that might do such work?
You can send it to. Canon for a clean and tune

Still no joy I can only change the flashaspect , must have set something else that prevents me making the change? Says not avsilable with current settings

If your doing HDR with the d7100 I would recommend the max that camera would do, 5 brackets. I would set them at 2 step exposures. In HDR you want to get as much clean data as possible. If your using photomatix to merge it will remove the blown out sections as well as the underexposed to give you a well balanced image. If you go with three which is common you can get a great image but the three really have to exposed just right. The 5 at 2 steps gives your a wider selection of darks and lights to work with. Worst case scenario you can trash any that extremely over or under expose. But in most cases your safer with 5 and won't miss an image due to something was a little off. Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I'll follow your recommendations just a soon as I figure which of the 3451 settings is preventing me from setting the number of of brackets and respective steps.

Yeah, I'm pretty convinced now that my smartphone camera is about all I need. This sounds so flippin' complicated.

Tango you have no idea :dunno But I refuse to be intimidated into giving up, i can always set it to Auto and shoot away. You are also correct that a lot of Phone cameras are excellent and rival many dedicated cameras. I just have to keep reading and asking, They say "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear"

Back
Top Bottom