New wheels and tires

verdesard0g

Adventurist
After two warranty replacements and three attempts to balance a set of Continental tires I decide to get new wheels and tires. Cooper AT3 XLT's and a set of American racing AR172, black. So far without adjusting the air perssure they ride nice, will do a chalk test tomorrow to find the ultimate pressure for my truck when unloaded.

1.jpg

I can't quite read the tire in the photo, what size did you go with?

Your truck looks great. I appreciate a truck that has been built to specific purpose.

I have Coopers on my F150 (AT3) and Explorer. Two different types of tires, sizes and purposes. I have been very pleased with both.

Well I still feel the tires aren't balanced so I let a friend drive my truck to see if I'm imagining things. He told me that my truck drive so bad he feels it's dangerous! It was set up with a leveling kit when I bought it, never drove well but I thought since its a big Dodge every thing I have read on the net says they steer bad.
After the rims and tires, I took it to get an alignment done, they could not get it to specs.
It's time for a complete overhaul of the front end. I did replace the steering box with a Redhead steering a few years ago which didn't make any difference then.
I'm ordering a Carli leveling kit (springs, shocks and extended swaybar links), a Synergy steering kit (tie rod and drag link) and Thuren control arms. It should steer better than new when done.

I like the Cooper Tire, I run the Cooper Discovery AT\3's 265x75Rx16. I was reading this tire was awarded Overland Journal Editor’s Choice and Value Awards for worldwide vehicle supported expedition and adventure travel

Out of curiosity, why did you choose the Carli springs with the Thuren arms? Both are great quality, and I have mixed some of their pieces myself just wondering what your reasoning was

Back
Top Bottom