NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS!

Just discovered the American Adventurist page from Overland Expo's post about y'alls Appalachian Rendezvous event. Wish we could attend but being in the Northwest a bit far for us. Looking forward to learning more about Overlanding, will also look at online Tread Lightly course. We have a 2013 Cayenne diesel that we have modified for Overlanding and TSD road rally.
Here is a link to a three day gravel road TSD we are doing http://www.rainierautosports.com/events/2017/norwester/
Probably best to link to a series of posts, several articles, and a video on what we have been up to:
https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-cayenne-forum/968788-meet-otis.html
This looks like a good community to learn from - thanks for letting us join in.

View attachment 31482
There is an Overland Rally put on every year up in Plains Washington. Have you ever made it to that event? I almost went 2 years ago but at the last minute made a detour for the coast to avoid the record heatwave.

This will be our fourth year attending with 'Otis'. We are leading the first trail run up Sugarloaf Mtn on Friday and doing sweep for the Chumstick Mtn run on Saturday. Very well organized and family friendly event that is growing exponentially each year.
IMG_0995.JPG

Last edited:
Hi! My name's Pattey & my husband is Chris. We have been offroading & camping (as "separate" concepts) for YEARS, but only recently started equipping our rigs for "weekend explorer adventures" and hope to eventually be out overlanding for weeks/months at a time. We've literally changed careers to be able to have more "free time" to do these things. I've got a 2005 Nissan Xterra & my husband has a 2000 Toyota 4Runner. (he just bought it & hasn't done much to it yet...he's coming from a hardcore rockcrawling rig & I'm psyched he wants to do this with me!)

Can't wait to meet people! Now I'm off to go figure out how to pay our RSVP fee for the Appalachian Rendezvous!

Have a safe & happy weekend!

0528171228_HDR.jpg

Good morning adventurists! We are David and Mia, a couple offroader/campers from the DMV. Maybe some of you have seen us on insta as overland.frontiee? Been following AA blogs for a while now and love all the info we learn. We currently are running a 2011 frontier and spending the weekends in our roof top tent.

Looking forward to meeting a bunch of new friends and getting to formally meet all of you at the rendezvous.

Hi! My name's Pattey & my husband is Chris. We have been offroading & camping (as "separate" concepts) for YEARS, but only recently started equipping our rigs for "weekend explorer adventures" and hope to eventually be out overlanding for weeks/months at a time. We've literally changed careers to be able to have more "free time" to do these things. I've got a 2005 Nissan Xterra & my husband has a 2000 Toyota 4Runner. (he just bought it & hasn't done much to it yet...he's coming from a hardcore rockcrawling rig & I'm psyched he wants to do this with me!)

Can't wait to meet people! Now I'm off to go figure out how to pay our RSVP fee for the Appalachian Rendezvous!

Have a safe & happy weekend!

View attachment 31654

Hey! I recognize that Xterra :thumbsup

Good morning adventurists! We are David and Mia, a couple offroader/campers from the DMV. Maybe some of you have seen us on insta as overland.frontiee? Been following AA blogs for a while now and love all the info we learn. We currently are running a 2011 frontier and spending the weekends in our roof top tent.

Looking forward to meeting a bunch of new friends and getting to formally meet all of you at the rendezvous.

Welcome!

:campfire

Derp. I'm an idiot! How have you been!?!?

We'll have to catch up soon. Maybe you guys can make a trip into PA and hit some of the stuff in Michaux State Forest. Few others from this area have been thinking about a weekend exploring.

We'll have to catch up soon. Maybe you guys can make a trip into PA and hit some of the stuff in Michaux State Forest. Few others from this area have been thinking about a weekend exploring.

Yes please! Absolutely! We're heading out today to slum it in our RV for the weekend....but would LOVE to get together to explore & tent camp where we find a spot. I've had my ARB awning, but haven't put it up on the Xterra yet. Have a "hatch tent", but we use it freestanding. No plans for July...so maybe we can make something happen! Catch you soon.

By way of introduction: My family and I are from central Virginia and are looking forward to our 2nd Appalachian Rendezvous. Last year, I brought four kids who had a blast running around and wheeling and eating and tenting. This year, my wife and youngest are joining us.

We'll be wheeling in a black 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser and camping in the white pop-up. Stop by and join me for a complimentary beverage or four.

-steve and sarah and kids.

Hello, I'm Will from Central Florida. My family and I enjoy camping in a tent or in our trailer. We like to kayak and explore dirt roads in my truck, "Old Blue". We vacation in the Shenandoah Valley and would love to retire there.

Hello, I'm Will from Central Florida. My family and I enjoy camping in a tent or in our trailer. We like to kayak and explore dirt roads in my truck, "Old Blue". We vacation in the Shenandoah Valley and would love to retire there.

Welcome Will!

IMG_0281.JPG

By way of introduction: My family and I are from central Virginia and are looking forward to our 2nd Appalachian Rendezvous. Last year, I brought four kids who had a blast running around and wheeling and eating and tenting. This year, my wife and youngest are joining us.

We'll be wheeling in a black 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser and camping in the white pop-up. Stop by and join me for a complimentary beverage or four.

-steve and sarah and kids.

Welcome Steve and family!

IMG_0297.JPG

Back
Top Bottom