NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS!

Hi everyone! My name is Bryant and I am one of the owners of Deadman Off-Road.

I have been offroading and overlanding and camping with my family of 6 for the last 4+ years, ever since we first moved from the east coast the west coast. There has been so much to explore out here and we have absolute fallen in love with the whole lifestyle. More than once we have seriously thought/joked about selling it all to travel full time.

We have been through several vehicles since then as we are trying to nail down that perfect vehicle that can haul all of us and all our stuff and do all that we want. We started with a JK where I shoe horned in a 3rd row. While it would go over anything, we sold it as we couldn't hear the kids in the way back when we were running down the highway. Then we got a FZJ80 Land Cruiser. That was an amazing vehicle. But we sold it as well since we started looking at destinations further than a days drive. We decided to grab a travel trailer since the whole RTT scene doesn't have a tent large enough for 6 people to sleep comfortably. Even though we specifically bought a trailer light enough for the Cruiser to pull, it couldn't get out of its own way much less pull 3000lbs up the mountains we have around here. Right now my wife daily drives a 06 Sequoia with 4wd. So for that has been an excellent vehicle for us and we will be keeping this one for a while. I am now on the hunt for my own vehicle though. Now that I have my own offroading company, I kinda need to play the part. Its a good thing my business partner has a sweet Tacoma that has taken the brunt of all our testing.

Welcome Bryant!

IMG_8142.JPG

Hey folks. I'm Matt and I've been camping and off-roading my whole life. In that last couple years, I naturally took the plunge into overlanding. I'm driving an 80 series with a 4bt swap. Tim over at IPOR sent me this way.

I'll post the trip report from my big 2015 expedition shortly.

^^^^Is it the picture or is the engine in there cockeyed?

Engine is cockeyed. The swap started with the previous owner at Proffitts. Still needed a lot of work when I got it (big thanks to the guys at IPOR for helping make it expedition-worthy). I suspect it was an issue with getting the engine to fit, but if I was managing the swap, I would've pushed back hard for a different solution. The 4bt vibrates enough as it is. It doesn't need any help by being slightly offset.

Howdy! Referred here by @sfsmedic some time ago, but I guess I never followed through. Currently working on slightly un-stocking a stock 80 Series Cruiser (a bashed running board is begging for sliders). Thanks for having me.

Howdy! Referred here by @sfsmedic some time ago, but I guess I never followed through. Currently working on slightly un-stocking a stock 80 Series Cruiser (a bashed running board is begging for sliders). Thanks for having me.

Wow, someone who admits to knowing Brett

Just discovered the American Adventurist page from Overland Expo's post about y'alls Appalachian Rendezvous event. Wish we could attend but being in the Northwest a bit far for us. Looking forward to learning more about Overlanding, will also look at online Tread Lightly course. We have a 2013 Cayenne diesel that we have modified for Overlanding and TSD road rally.
Here is a link to a three day gravel road TSD we are doing http://www.rainierautosports.com/events/2017/norwester/
Probably best to link to a series of posts, several articles, and a video on what we have been up to:
https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-cayenne-forum/968788-meet-otis.html
This looks like a good community to learn from - thanks for letting us join in.

DSC_9765b_smaller.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom