NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS!

Hello, I joined way back in 2013, but haven't used this site much, mostly was on EXPO. I went to the first desert rendezvous and have been working like a madman since. I have a 96 FZJ80 i just slapped some 37's on, triple locked snorkel, dual batteries,etc. Just had my 4th kid about a week ago, so I need all the room in the rig I can get. I have a trailer I bought/built with a CVT trailer tent.

Hey Y'all-

I've been a member here for a few years but don't post much. I've been to three MR events up at Camp Tahquitz but haven't really talked with anyone other than the van crew. We're(my girlfriend Val and I) usually camped in either a silver Sportsmobile high top or an orange Honda Element.

We're lifetime outdoor people. Val is a former forest service firefighter from Idaho.....I'm a lifelong Californian with a lengthy history working in the bicycle industry. We're not really offroaders per se.....mainly we use our vehicles to get to remote places to camp and climb/ride/run/etc. We have two dogs that usually travel with us....a 3 legged JRT and an American Dingo. We typically go way overboard on good food and coffee.

Hey Y'all-

I've been a member here for a few years but don't post much. I've been to three MR events up at Camp Tahquitz but haven't really talked with anyone other than the van crew. We're(my girlfriend Val and I) usually camped in either a silver Sportsmobile high top or an orange Honda Element.

We're lifetime outdoor people. Val is a former forest service firefighter from Idaho.....I'm a lifelong Californian with a lengthy history working in the bicycle industry. We're not really offroaders per se.....mainly we use our vehicles to get to remote places to camp and climb/ride/run/etc. We have two dogs that usually travel with us....a 3 legged JRT and an American Dingo. We typically go way overboard on good food and coffee.
Welcome to the forum, hopefully we will see more of you here. And make sure you make it to more campfires than just with the vans at MRV this year

Just a quick post to introduce myself since I'm new to this forum. I am a native San Diegan who loves to do just about anything outdoors. My primary activity is cycling but also own a kayak & an SUP that we get out on as well. Winter times we like to snowboard & snowshoe.

Over three years ago we picked up a Sportsmobile van but, unfortunately, work got in the way and it hasn't been used nearly enough. It's time to get it out more even if it's just local use on the weekends. We did get it out on a long trip to Glacier, Yellowstone & the Tetons that I didn't want to return from. I could have kept going indefinitely.

I learned about this group and the rendezvous at a San Diego Sportsmobile meet-up and it sounded like something fun so here I am. Looking forward to seeing some of you in August. Pictures of my van can be seen here:

https://roberttilley.smugmug.com/Cars/Sportsmobile/i-H2hjxkX

Good morning. John and Barbara here saying hi. I grow up camping and traveling all over the Southwest with my folks. Now passing on the wonderful adventure to the wife and kids. We spent many years with the kids in tents. Then motorhomes and trailer and now we seem to be getting back to truck camping now the kids are teenagers. Great group here. Meet some of you at the SCDR16. Can't wait for Big Bear16. Anyone passing through Yuma Az message if you need anything. Good ride or tools. Anything. Going on 18 years w/ Yuma Search and Rescue

Hello everyone, My name is Dave and I live in North Georgia and love the outdoors. I go camping with my kids at least once a month, more if we can, and am trying to make a 1992 Bronco into a nice little weekend vehicle. Don't get the get on the computer much but when I do, I like to read the threads and see how I can make OJ work better for what we need. Me and the boys are trying to get in on the next meet up in Sept/Oct. See you there.

Hello everyone, My name is Dave and I live in North Georgia and love the outdoors. I go camping with my kids at least once a month, more if we can, and am trying to make a 1992 Bronco into a nice little weekend vehicle. Don't get the get on the computer much but when I do, I like to read the threads and see how I can make OJ work better for what we need. Me and the boys are trying to get in on the next meet up in Sept/Oct. See you there.

Welcome!

:home

Hello.. Joey here.
It's been awhile since I have been out and about. Looking to get back into it again.
Looking forward to future conversations, possible meets and so on.

Hi everybody! We met a few of the gang at Overland West this year. We are really looking forward to the upcoming event. seems like a great community on here! We primarily overland with our 02 TJ, but also take out the 12 Tundra TRD, its bone stock but the Jeeps ready for adventure, We love our RTT!

Hello group,

I am Tom and live in NW New Jersey (Warren County) about 15 minutes from the Delaware Water Gap. I have been looking for a group like this and glad to be here. Looks like a lot of you guys are West Coast but I hope there are members here in my area as I'm always looking to meet new people that like to get outdoors and have some fun.

Semper Fi (oh former Marine too),
Tom

^^^Semper Fi!^^^ former active duty marine here also.

I just realized I never introduced myself.

Jared from Wilmington NC. In the last few years I've gone through several vehicles and have settled on one now. Started with a 2000 TJ. Was great but to small. Then traded it in on a brand new JKU sport. Was nice but was in the shop too many times and left me stranded 2 times. Then onto a 2004 Jeep grand Cherokee overland edition. Liked it but had a few issues with it and decided to get something else. Then bought a 2000 land Rover discovery 2. My thoughts were that I could put a bunch of money in to it and make it the ultimate overland vehicle since it was the cheapest vehicle I've bought. After fighting electrical gremlins the entire time I had it. It stranded me twice also so I sold it. I then did some research on reliable 4x4s and everything brought me to the land cruiser family. I looked for an 80 series but couldn't find one that was clean enough for me. Didn't want to do a resto. I started looking at the 100 series. Ended up finding a true southern lexus LX470 that had every service done at the local dealership with the records to prove it. So I bought it. Since then I removed the running boards, installed the 06 style LED tail lights. Flushed the ahc system and did the ahc lift, installed interior LEDs, plastidipped the chrome and gold to black, installed 35" nitto trail grapplers, and installed labraks antenna mounts. Haven't Installed my CV yet.

Here's a pic of it how it sits now.

Here's the grill

The tail lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom