NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS!

Hi there!

My name is Sarah and I'm in SoCal.

I really love backpacking, but my family really doesn't. So we tent camp and search for hot springs and go on road trips and kayak.

I still get out on backpacking trips every once in a while.

I found your site via instagram a while back and the forum I usually frequent updated its forum software beyond recognition.

Road trippin' in my 4WD Honda Element (don't laugh, its hella practical)

Trips are on hold for post season baseball. GO DODGERS!!!!

Hi there!

My name is Sarah and I'm in SoCal.

I really love backpacking, but my family really doesn't. So we tent camp and search for hot springs and go on road trips and kayak.

I still get out on backpacking trips every once in a while.

I found your site via instagram a while back and the forum I usually frequent updated its forum software beyond recognition.

Trips are on hold for post season baseball. GO DODGERS!!!!

Welcome Sarah!!!

:hiker

Welcome, I think you will find, we don't care what mode of transport you use for your adventure as long as you are adventuring. Besides, you might be surprised what can be done with an element.

hz_skidoo.jpg

http://www.ursaminorvehicles.com/camper_main.htm

Welcome, I think you will find, we don't care what mode of transport you use for your adventure as long as you are adventuring. Besides, you might be surprised what can be done with an element.

View attachment 9499

http://www.ursaminorvehicles.com/camper_main.htm

I've seen those in campgrounds before, they look really neat.

I priced out a bull bar and a second pair of lights for it so I can roll into camp late Friday after work (I do dispersed camping, so no lights and I want to see where the eyes are when I pull in, lol) The bar was $125 and the lights were about the same but the labor was $425. I went to a place that fits out these monster jeeps. Anyway, my brother said he thought the labor was high and then I saw that the people with Es who had the bar had problems with it wobbling when they drove. They needed to have an extra brace welded on. I haven't moved foreword with it, but I'm still interested in something like that.

Wiring lights is EASY, and that labor estimate was way high. When you're ready that project is easily tackled at one of our wrench-a-thons :wrench

I agree with Dave. That labor cost is way high. We have 2 wrenching days coming up within the next few weeks. Not sure where in socal your at but one is in ventura County and the other is further down south.

Hi, I'm Madremulcahy, wife of Sundowner. New to this forum and new to American Adventurists. Looking forward to new friends, places, and experiences with our AT Overland Horizon and our 2009 JK. Just had a great weekend in Asheville, NC at Overland Expo East. Live in NoVa, so getting away is priority!

Welcome! We had a good time there too and are also from Occupied Northern Virginia. If you're ready to get away again come join us at the Appalachian Rendezvous 24-26 OCT in Uwharrie, NC.

Hi, I'm Madremulcahy, wife of Sundowner. New to this forum and new to American Adventurists. Looking forward to new friends, places, and experiences with our AT Overland Horizon and our 2009 JK. Just had a great weekend in Asheville, NC at Overland Expo East. Live in NoVa, so getting away is priority!

Welcome to AAV!

:VA

Hello everyone, I found out about the forum because well I accidentally camped right in the middle of some of you this past weekend at the Overland Expo East. I'm Jason, I was the guy in the white wedge tent. It was great meeting you all and checking out your setups! I look forward to seeing y'all again.

Thanks RaulB and ToyAnvil,

Now that it seems like a more reasonable possibility I'll get the bar shipped. It only comes from Texas (the brand is Hunter). Then I will start my own thread. I wish I came here before I bought my new tires. Nobody wants to actually upsell you anything if you have a "normal" car. Thanks again! I am in Lake Forest.

Hello, MrHuffy here...

Active on other forums, just stumbled on this one by referral of Dennx - glad I did that's for sure. We will see you all beginning of December!

We have a '13 FJ, all sorts of cool bit's and pieces added to it and we pull a 2010 Adventure Trailer most everywhere we go.

IMG_0285.jpg

Hi, I'm Rick and one of your members told me about your sight. I have enjoyed the outdoors for years. Done lots of backpacking, hiking and mountainbiking and enjoy all of it. I have an old (1988) Toyota Land Cruiser that I tinker with and like to take on the road (and lightly off-road) when I get the chance.

Welcome Richard... new member from Fredericksburg, Virginia. Your very nicely preserved FJ62 is a little more than an "old 1988 Toyota Land Cruiser."

Hi, I'm Rick and one of your members told me about your sight. I have enjoyed the outdoors for years. Done lots of backpacking, hiking and mountainbiking and enjoy all of it. I have an old (1988) Toyota Land Cruiser that I tinker with and like to take on the road (and lightly off-road) when I get the chance.

Welcome to AAV!

:home

New here from the Southeast Texas area name is Bradley. Found out about this site from Haggis on Expo. Currently drive a 2010 JK 2 Door Sport with a level kit and 33's. Planning to get out to Durango, CO around the end of March for a week.

Quick shot of the Yeep at work

15126621516_91b4e9e37f_c.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom