NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS!

Dave!
Home base is currently coastal NC active duty military, hoping to enter back to civilian sector this winter and will be transitioning to Utah!

James

Welcome!

11C9F823-F4C8-476B-B4AE-93E27D5F0EE0.jpeg

Hello all! Just joined up in time to sign up for the 2019 Appalachian Rendezvous. My name is Mike and I'm from Northern Virginia. I bought my first Jeep in 2014 and have since added two more to my collection. I enjoy driving scenic 4wd trails with some degree of technical diffficulty and getting away from civilization. Overlanding to more remote places and for longer periods of time is my current goal, with vehicle builds/outfitting, gaining experience and techniques in different necessary areas. Hiking, biking and more recently kayaking are corollary areas of interest, although a tough work schedule eats far too much into my time to do more of the above. I became aware of American Adventurist after a neighbor at Overland Expo east mentioned the group last year, and I stopped by the booth (sorry I can't recall who I talked to). Glad to join the community and look forward to meeting everyone on the boards and at the Rendezvous!

Hello all! Just joined up in time to sign up for the 2019 Appalachian Rendezvous. My name is Mike and I'm from Northern Virginia. I bought my first Jeep in 2014 and have since added two more to my collection. I enjoy driving scenic 4wd trails with some degree of technical diffficulty and getting away from civilization. Overlanding to more remote places and for longer periods of time is my current goal, with vehicle builds/outfitting, gaining experience and techniques in different necessary areas. Hiking, biking and more recently kayaking are corollary areas of interest, although a tough work schedule eats far too much into my time to do more of the above. I became aware of American Adventurist after a neighbor at Overland Expo east mentioned the group last year, and I stopped by the booth (sorry I can't recall who I talked to). Glad to join the community and look forward to meeting everyone on the boards and at the Rendezvous!

Welcome Mike!

80660E38-B7DE-4579-BAE1-526126A3B7C6.jpeg

Hello All,

I became interested in overlanding when I discovered the XOverland and Mountain State Overland YouTube channels a couple years ago. I am a former adventure motorcycle rider with numerous long-term trips accomplished. Most recently (last Summer) I spent two weeks riding a jet ski from Seattle, WA to Juneau, AK. I live in Western North Carolina, moved here last Fall and have enjoyed discovering the backroads and mountain roads near my house. I medically retired from a 20 year law enforcement career and currently work as a consultant for government and corporate clients.

I enjoy, overlanding, riding dirt bikes and jet skis, camping, kayaking, cooking and volunteering as an EMT with my local fire department. Looking forward to meeting new friends and going on adventures.

Here’s a link to my YouTube channel if anyone is interested in random adventure videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/onefenian

Last edited:
Hello All,

I became interested in overlanding when I discovered the XOverland and Mountain State Overland YouTube channels a couple years ago. I am a former adventure motorcycle rider with numerous long-term trips accomplished. Most recently (last Summer) I spent two weeks riding a jet ski from Seattle, WA to Juneau, AK. I live in Western North Carolina, moved here last Fall and have enjoyed discovering the backroads and mountain roads near my house. I medically retired from a 20 year law enforcement career and currently work as a consultant for government and corporate clients.

I enjoy, overlanding, riding dirt bikes and jet skis, camping, kayaking, cooking and volunteering as an EMT with my local fire department. Looking forward to meeting new friends and going on adventures.

Here's a link to my YouTube channel if any one is interested in random adventure videos,

https://www.youtube.com/user/onefenian/videos?view_as=subscriber

Welcome!

:home

Hello everyone, new around here. I’ve actually been reading through the forums for months as I try to educate myself on vehicle based adventure. I drive a 2015 JKU, kept it stock for a few years but now want to go places and stay longer. Based out of Los Angeles. I’ll be at the SoCal Mountain Rendezvous this weekend and look forward to meeting many of you. Expect me to have many questions about your rigs and lessons learned. SF, Jimmie
99F00FDF-5CFE-4548-BD58-D2C900CDA612.jpeg

Hello everyone, new around here. I’ve actually been reading through the forums for months as I try to educate myself on vehicle based adventure. I drive a 2015 JKU, kept it stock for a few years but now want to go places and stay longer. Based out of Los Angeles. I’ll be at the SoCal Mountain Rendezvous this weekend and look forward to meeting many of you. Expect me to have many questions about your rigs and lessons learned. SF, JimmieView attachment 46663

Welcome!

BCC122AD-798F-409F-8C92-44C98C39BD9A.jpeg

Hello everyone, new around here. I’ve actually been reading through the forums for months as I try to educate myself on vehicle based adventure. I drive a 2015 JKU, kept it stock for a few years but now want to go places and stay longer. Based out of Los Angeles. I’ll be at the SoCal Mountain Rendezvous this weekend and look forward to meeting many of you. Expect me to have many questions about your rigs and lessons learned. SF, JimmieView attachment 46663

Howdy neighbor, Let me know if you decide to go into the desert and have any questions.

Hey everyone!

I’m Brent, Owner of Tentrax camping trailers. Earlier this year, my wife and I purchased Tentrax, which has been around since 2001 and built one of the first “overlanding trailers” (way before that was a thing). We were in the market for a trailer - and coincidentally a new business opportunity - when we happened upon Tentrax. As an Engineer by trade, I was immediately impressed with the design and excited to find a large following of passionate customers. These, along with our lifelong involvement with the Jeep community and love for the outdoors made the company a natural fit.

So we’ve relocated from OR to GA and are busy upgrading the look and feel of Tentrax products and the brand itself. We pride ourselves in building high quality, lightweight camping trailers that can go anywhere and handle the toughest conditions year after year.

We’ll be at the Appalachian Rendezvous this weekend and look forward to meeting everyone!!

Brent
Tentrax.com

PS - Here’s my 93 YJ in Moab this past Spring

4F6A2A1D-5B81-4E92-85A3-0BC0A96CE11E.jpeg

Hi everyone, there's a LOT of intros to read here, but is there anyone near Colorado Springs, Colorado? Would love to get in some fall color camping trips! We're looking at Eleven Mile Canyon this weekend or even some fun day trips. Woodland Park is seeing color now!

Hi everyone, there's a LOT of intros to read here, but is there anyone near Colorado Springs, Colorado? Would love to get in some fall color camping trips! We're looking at Eleven Mile Canyon this weekend or even some fun day trips. Woodland Park is seeing color now!

Welcome Garrett! :lol

678E7065-1EFE-4D79-895D-B19D8412BC38.jpeg

Hey, we're from Jackson WY. I got into RV camping when I started having kids, then I got a Jeep to tow, now I have an off grid trailer to tow behind the Jeep. I'm ready to get off the beaten trail. (I've been doing it in the Jeep, I just want to make it a longer term thing. Saw ya'll on a Youtube interview.

Hey, we're from Jackson WY. I got into RV camping when I started having kids, then I got a Jeep to tow, now I have an off grid trailer to tow behind the Jeep. I'm ready to get off the beaten trail. (I've been doing it in the Jeep, I just want to make it a longer term thing. Saw ya'll on a Youtube interview.

Welcome!

7F1B1CD0-B0C5-410D-898F-DEE0E3B7A08A.jpeg

Welcome in! Sounds like you have a great plan.

Back
Top Bottom