NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS!

Weclome @Chanratha!

F616E7B8-37D1-465D-A797-401CD1266D0D.jpeg

Hello all,

I am not a new member, I just took a 5 year hiatus from the forum world. I am currently in San Antonio, looking to re-locate to Colorado Springs next year when I finish grad school.

Additionally, I have recently started a 501(c)(3) non profit called The Dirt Therapy Project. Our mission is to introduce veterans to mountain biking as a form of "Dirt Therapy" as well as help provide recently transitioned veterans to a sense of community and belonging within our org.

Current ride is a 2000 UZJ100 with over 320k on the ticker. I am looking at a new rig in the next couple years (committed to putting 400k on this one) and waffling between a G500 and a 200 series LC. Probably go the LC route, but I think it would be fun to build a G.

Hello all,

I am not a new member, I just took a 5 year hiatus from the forum world. I am currently in San Antonio, looking to re-locate to Colorado Springs next year when I finish grad school.

Additionally, I have recently started a 501(c)(3) non profit called The Dirt Therapy Project. Our mission is to introduce veterans to mountain biking as a form of "Dirt Therapy" as well as help provide recently transitioned veterans to a sense of community and belonging within our org.

Current ride is a 2000 UZJ100 with over 320k on the ticker. I am looking at a new rig in the next couple years (committed to putting 400k on this one) and waffling between a G500 and a 200 series LC. Probably go the LC route, but I think it would be fun to build a G.

Welcome back!

C2209013-D353-4199-A267-689C26BF1394.jpeg

Hello all,

Hi and welcome back.

Really great idea you have there. Many will benefit from it. Good on you.

Joined American Adventurist a year and a half ago, among joining a few other adventure/exploration sites as well, and have read a ton here and elsewhere. Hoping this site fits a little better and that I like being more active here.

I've spent around 250 nights on the road and outdoors in the last year, camping and wandering, testing gear and tweaking base camp setups.

Here's my About Me thing:

Born in the American west, raised in Europe, and have been wandering North America ever since.

Starting in the late 60's, as soon I could drive, I've used a variety of vehicles for extended long distance travel. They have included a VW Beetle, VW Bus, '69 Chevy Carryall, Dodge Club Cab pickup (that thing could climb a wall), Volvo wagon, Ford van, Chevy diesel van, and now my GMC diesel van.

My road trips are usually long affairs, often multi-month or more, even once for eight years steady on the road with no home or apartment of my own. I've used vehicles to wander everywhere from the deep south and up and down the Appalachians, to all over the SW American deserts, the entire US west coast, the PNW, Canadian Maritimes and northern reaches of the St Lawrence Seaway, the Great Plains and prairies, the entire US/Mexican border, and most everywhere in between.

I have serious sand in my shoes and just can't get enough of exploring and adventure. My trips are usually solo, though I do enjoy having someone along for all or parts of a journey. Haven't found anyone yet who wants to stay out as long as I do or is willing to put up with what can be hardships of the road.

My favorite way to start a day is packing up and pulling away from wherever I spent the previous night, pausing at the edge of a road, looking both ways and wondering "Well, do I wanna go left, or right?" then letting the road lead me where it will. It's always an adventure.

"There's nowhere I'd rather be then going somewhere" is my new mantra.

Glad to find the growing communities of people who like the adventure and sense of exploring when going somewhere with their vehicles, but am honestly worried about the increase in numbers of people who explore without caring.

Dry roads and open skies to you all. Hope to meet you out there somewhere, someday.

Road
"Pasó por aquí. . . "

vanint_6042-900.jpg

0577-blkd-800.jpg

roaddude_hornbeck-islandcamp-900-0788.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom