NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS!

Hey everyone. I’m Will from Philadelphia PA. I’m former military intel and currently a hospital research coordinator with a serious gear addiction. My wife and I have a running love affair with the outdoors and travel. Recently back from Amsterdam and planning our next Grand Canyon adventure. When I’m not hitting the trails (as much as an urbanite truly can) I’m working on my ‘73 Honda cafe racer and/or my WRX rally car. Super stoked to be here

Welcome!

B8E86A34-7844-4B51-932C-83A02A2E5923.jpeg

Hey everyone. I’m Will from Philadelphia PA. I’m former military intel and currently a hospital research coordinator with a serious gear addiction. My wife and I have a running love affair with the outdoors and travel. Recently back from Amsterdam and planning our next Grand Canyon adventure. When I’m not hitting the trails (as much as an urbanite truly can) I’m working on my ‘73 Honda cafe racer and/or my WRX rally car. Super stoked to be here

Hi Will, Gear addiction? Welcome to the home of the gear addicted.

Oh, I figure I should introduce myself here. I followed Dave here in 2015 to see more updates on his flippac build-out. But then he sold it! As a form of revolt, I've been dormant over the past 30 months.. though it might also be due to work and just being so busy building out my truck and going on camping trips. Anyway, hello!

Oh, I figure I should introduce myself here. I followed Dave here in 2015 to see more updates on his flippac build-out. But then he sold it! As a form of revolt, I've been dormant over the past 30 months.. though it might also be due to work and just being so busy building out my truck and going on camping trips. Anyway, hello!

Well hello there, I enjoy your posts. Very informative.

But, you still haven’t introduced yourself sir.

:coffee

Hi, Everyone...my name is Scott, and I'm originally from Pennsylvania, but moved to the foot of the Cascade Mountains in Washington with my wife, Olivia, in late 2016.

I grew up on a farm in the Appalachian Mountains, and have been an avid outdoorsman my entire life—canoeing, boating, waterskiing, snow skiing, fishing, hiking, hunting, shooting, backpacking, mountain biking etc. If it's done outdoors, chances are I'm into it.

Since moving West, we have decided we need to take advantage to our proximity to the vast wilderness on all sides of us. We bought a 2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road with a double cab and full-size bed, and are preparing to outfit it for some adventures. We recently attended the Overland Expo West, and struck up a conversation with Andy, and learned more in 10 minutes than we had all day walking around and chatting with vendors.

I'm here to learn and seek advice on how to piece together the best rig for our needs.

IMG_0106.JPG

Hi, Everyone...my name is Scott, and I'm originally from Pennsylvania, but moved to the foot of the Cascade Mountains in Washington with my wife, Olivia, in late 2016.

I grew up on a farm in the Appalachian Mountains, and have been an avid outdoorsman my entire life—canoeing, boating, waterskiing, snow skiing, fishing, hiking, hunting, shooting, backpacking, mountain biking etc. If it's done outdoors, chances are I'm into it.

Since moving West, we have decided we need to take advantage to our proximity to the vast wilderness on all sides of us. We bought a 2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road with a double cab and full-size bed, and are preparing to outfit it for some adventures. We recently attended the Overland Expo West, and struck up a conversation with Andy, and learned more in 10 minutes than we had all day walking around and chatting with vendors.

I'm here to learn and seek advice on how to piece together the best rig for our needs.

View attachment 39018

Welcome Scott! Glad @Andy got you pointed in the right direction.

Hello everyone, my name's Nellie . My husbang taught me to travell a lot and in the end i really liked it. and we realy do extreme travelling, such like go up to mountaines , water sport and so on. glad to be here with you and to share experience

Hello everyone, my name's Nellie . My husbang taught me to travell a lot and in the end i really liked it. and we realy do extreme travelling, such like go up to mountaines , water sport and so on. glad to be here with you and to share experience

Welcome @Nellie - where do you guys call Home?

:home

Hi All, and thanks Dave for providing this forum. I'm Dan from San Jose, CA and I'm married with two young kids and two dogs. I've been involved in the outdoors since being involved with scouts as a boy and teen, then working my way up to grad studies in biological sciences/field biology. Now I'm in my 40's and I work in the high tech field as a Software Architect in the manufacturing sector. When I'm not keeping the factory wheels turning, I'm doing all I can to keep my 4x4, trailer wheels and camera lens turning out pics in the backcountry with my family. I appreciate your site's commitment to community service, gatherings, and the Tread Lightly ethic. Wish I would've joined this forum sooner. Cheers!

Hi All, and thanks Dave for providing this forum. I'm Dan from San Jose, CA and I'm married with two young kids and two dogs. I've been involved in the outdoors since being involved with scouts as a boy and teen, then working my way up to grad studies in biological sciences/field biology. Now I'm in my 40's and I work in the high tech field as a Software Architect in the manufacturing sector. When I'm not keeping the factory wheels turning, I'm doing all I can to keep my 4x4, trailer wheels and camera lens turning out pics in the backcountry with my family. I appreciate your site's commitment to community service, gatherings, and the Tread Lightly ethic. Wish I would've joined this forum sooner. Cheers!

Welcome Dan!

:tent

Hello everyone... My name is Dave. I am a California native who was raised in San Diego. I have enjoyed our local deserts, mountains and coastline my whole life. I am married to my high school sweetheart and we have a 9 year old daughter and a 2 year old son. We just built a Toyota Tundra and Overland trailer set up to bring us closer to nature and to one another. We all enjoy getting outdoors and camping as much as possible. Can’t wait to learn from everyone here.

Hello everyone... My name is Dave. I am a California native who was raised in San Diego. I have enjoyed our local deserts, mountains and coastline my whole life. I am married to my high school sweetheart and we have a 9 year old daughter and a 2 year old son. We just built a Toyota Tundra and Overland trailer set up to bring us closer to nature and to one another. We all enjoy getting outdoors and camping as much as possible. Can’t wait to learn from everyone here.

Welcome to American Adventurist!

:campfire

Howdy, Sean here... am a California native, ventura county, nature enthusiast, middle aged workaholic. Been building an overland wagon (Subaru Impreza)to enjoy the world more, starting with the states. Everyday is a blessing. Take care and be well.

Impreza OverLand Wagon NaturalBackGround.jpg

Back
Top Bottom