NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS!

My name is Eddie, I've been lurking for a while and following along on Instagram as well. From the LA area. Camping and being outdoors as long as I can remember. Work and home have kept me very busy the past yea or two, but planning to get out more again starting this fall.
Really love the full size builds on here and have been soaking up ideas from you guys for my new vehicle. It will be a mild build but geared toward versatility since we have access to an awesome variety of terrain here in SoCal. I've primarily done higher speed desert stuff and desert camping in the past with friends, I know a couple of them are on here as well.

Previous truck - 06 Ranger 4x4 turned prerunner/do all truck. This truck was awesome, but space was always tight. It was sold and I bought another ranger that is mostly a play truck, not very practical for actual camping trips, but it is a 4x4 and will get some additions to help in the practicality and storage department.

b1446883bef2756974a334186c8df6d1.jpg
dc8762b03bfdf3122c8f551791f7920e.jpg

c94d996272421dcdc51da95a8ddff065.jpg

New truck is a big departure from the last two. Went with a full size, decided on a Ram Power Wagon. I always loved these things since they came out back in 05 and was thrilled to finally have one of my own. This truck will be very mild as far as mods go. Some auxiliary lighting, tires, sliders, etc. planning to add a camper down the road but that's a good ways off. Glad to finally be on here!

cc31ccf70bbcabb33a11b9027563c9af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone! My name is Chris and it's interesting that I've been perusing this site for a while and then lo and behold I get a chance to meet the American Adventurist in person last weekend while I was volunteering at the 36 Hours of Uwharrie. Fan-freakin-tastic event that I was proud to be a part of (and I'm not just saying that because I won the volunteer raffle at the end!).

Bought my used '13 Tacoma SR5 last fall and have spent the time since then learning all I can about off-roading and overland travel. Will be ordering my new BFG KO2's this week (just working out which size) and am looking for advice on lift/suspension. Not interested in making it too extreme. I would like to keep it from drawing much attention while increasing my capabilities for adventure travel (no wheeling for me).

I haven't RSVP'd yet, but I'm planning to attend the Appalachian Roundup at Uwharrie this fall.

Will be working on adding pics soon.

Chris

Hello everyone! My name is Chris and it's interesting that I've been perusing this site for a while and then lo and behold I get a chance to meet the American Adventurist in person last weekend while I was volunteering at the 36 Hours of Uwharrie. Fan-freakin-tastic event that I was proud to be a part of (and I'm not just saying that because I won the volunteer raffle at the end!).

Bought my used '13 Tacoma SR5 last fall and have spent the time since then learning all I can about off-roading and overland travel. Will be ordering my new BFG KO2's this week (just working out which size) and am looking for advice on lift/suspension. Not interested in making it too extreme. I would like to keep it from drawing much attention while increasing my capabilities for adventure travel (no wheeling for me).

I haven't RSVP'd yet, but I'm planning to attend the Appalachian Roundup at Uwharrie this fall.

Will be working on adding pics soon.

Chris
Are you local to NC?

Nice always nice to meet people from here. We are down in Wilmington but with family in the mountains we head that way a lot also. Are you planning on going to expo east this year?

My wife and I love the mountains and hope to end up there permanently at some point. We are planning another day trip to Brevard/Pisgah this Saturday.

Goal is to attend the Expo for the first time this fall. Reminds me to look at the Airbnb options in Asheville for that weekend.

My name is Nick, one of the three Rogue Overland guys. I drive a 2001 Nissan Xterra and the mod list is located here: http://www.rogueoverland.com/anconeus

I'm excited for the event and to get up in Big Bear again, we ran Holcomb last summer and loved it!!

Another Xterra dude :) welcome Nick! Love the feed you guys at Rogue have over on instabookspace or whatever it is. Looking forward to meeting you guys at MRV in a few weeks.

BOLD Overland is an Adventure travel team based in East Tennessee, we are a group of four couples and five vehicles who like to seek out adventure and share our experiences with others. Our goal is simple, get outside and have fun. We are always up for a challenge and will do what we can to share our experiences with others. While overloading is our primary form of travel, we use the trucks as a means to get us to different locations to whitewater kayak, mountain bike, climb and simply camp and enjoy our time away from work. Winter, summer, spring or fall we are always looking for a new trip or idea to get us out of town. While we were familiar with this group for some reason we never joined this group, however some of us recently met Dave, the founder of this group at the 36 Hours of Uwharrie and decided it was time. Thanks for the push Dave! We look forward to meet you guys while out on the trail and possibly at the Appalachian Rendezvous . The picture below is of one of our vehicles, we also have a 2015 TRD Pro 4runner, and 80 series Land Cruiser and a 4th Gen Tacoma, all of which are easily identifiable. If you see us out on the trail or even cruising through town please say Hi!
13679934_673995536089001_1821332628815413877_o.jpg

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Roger from the heart of Dixie "Alabama". I'm so glad I found this forum. My wife and I have 5 kids and enjoy anything outdoors. We have horses and the kids and I ride, wife,not so much, we all love boating, camping, fishing, hunting, four wheeling and just getting out in God's creation. My current build I'm working on is an 85 Suburban on one tons, lq4, 4l80e, 241 case on 37's. I've still got to put the 14 bolt full float I built under the rear with disc and do away with semi float but I currently had back surgery and have to take it easy at the moment. I also have a military trailer to convert into a camping trailer to haul all our gear. I've done been inspired by many builds on here. Y'all keep up the good work!

IMG_20160830_143710.jpg

Hello everyone. My name is Drew, and I am wanting to get more into outdoors stuff. I am having a kid in the next month and live in southwestern VA. At the moment I have a 2003 2wd Tahoe for getting around.

Hello everyone. My name is Drew, and I am wanting to get more into outdoors stuff. I am having a kid in the next month and live in southwestern VA. At the moment I have a 2003 2wd Tahoe for getting around.

Welcome and congrats!

:VA

Back
Top Bottom